While perhaps not everyone’s cup of tea, VideoGames & Computer Entertainment was my favorite video game magazine of the late 1980s/early 1990s. The May 1991 issue includes:
- VG&CE’s Games Line – Hey Gamers! VG&CE has introduced the GAmes Line, (900) 45-GAMES, to help keep you up-to-date on happenings in the video game world. Don’t miss out!
- Castlevania III Player’s Guide, Part II – Don’t forget to bring your garlic! This month, Clay leads us up to Dracula’s front door.
- Castle of Illusion Strategy Guide, Part I – Minnie Mouse has been taken captive by the wicked witch Mizrabel, but no need to worry. In this installment, our guide will help you help Mickey rescue Minnie and get past the Masters of Illusion.
- Summer Games Preview Guide – We’ll take a look at how the latest in innovative technology has influenced this summer’s heat wave of upcoming computer software releases.
- Editor’s Letter
- Reader Mail
- Crash & Boom
- Tip Sheet
- Yea & Nay
- News Bits
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Destination Arcadia
- Advertiser Index
- Inside Gaming
- Game Doctor
- Gaming on the Go
- Video-Game Reviews – Battletoads, James Pond, Castellan, Whomp ‘Em, PGA Tour Golf, S.C.A.T., Dick Tracy and Bimini Run.
- Computer-Game Reviews – Rise of the Dragon: A Blade Hunter Mystery, Freakin’ Funky Fuzzballs, Elvira, The Killing Game Show, Spirit of Excalibur, Interceptor, Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire and The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Computer-Game Strategies – This month, our computer-game dilettante shows us how to master Ishido and outwit do-gooders in Night Hunter.