Super Play is a magazine that was published in the U.K. and dedicated to the Super Nintendo. The April 1993 issue includes:
- Preview Special – Join us for a closer look at the hottest new games about to be launched in both America and Japan!
- Books – Jonathan Davies comes over all literary.
- Live From Hell City – Peter Evans explains the sort of music the Japanese like to listen to!
- Anime World – Live action vs anime – why the Japanese prefer to do it on paper.
- Super Play’s Hot List – The games we play the most – and which we think you really ought to go out and buy!
- The Golden Bee Awards – The results are in! Find out whether the games you voted for came out tops!
- Datebook – Exclusive to Super Play! Every single game coming out worldwide on the SNES over the next couple of months!
- Chart Throb – The biggest selling games around the world this month.
- Super Play Interview – We have a chat about Street Fighter II, Final Fight II and life in general with Joe Morici of Capcom USA!
Super Player’s Guides
- Street Fighter II – The ultimate guide! How to access those combos and more!
- Soul Blazer – A start-to-finish guide to Actraiser’s fabulous sequel.
- Super Star Wars – How to win without relying on The Force!
- Star Fox: The First Super F/X Game – The word ‘revolutionary’ shouldn’t be used lightly, but it’s hard to see how else Starfox could be described. There’s no two ways about it – the arrival of the Super F/X chip is the most important event since the launch of the SNES itself, and one look at Starfox’s amazing 3D graphics will show you exactly why…
- Manga Scope – Where do they get their ideas from? Walk into any Japanese newsagent and you’ll soon see! There are Street Fighter II comics, Ranma 1/2 comics, Dragonball comics, Gundam comics… We reveal the games that are based on comics – and the comics that are based on games.
- Aliens Vs Predator – Great screen monsters clash on the Super NES!
- Flying Hero – A cute, bright and surprisingly lovable new Japanese blaster.
- Ranma 1/2 Part Two – Cute beat-’em-up action – but does it top the original?
- Harley’s Humongous Adventure – Incredible shrinking man…
- Super Batter Up – Like baseball? Then this ain’t one to queue for.
- Imperium – It’s go giant robots, yes, but it ain’t no Cybernator.
- Wordtris – Cross Tetris with Scrabble and you’d get this idea.
- Chester Cheetah – The US equivalent of Colin Curly arrives on SNES.
- Pro Baseball League – Like baseball? This is the best SNES version yet.
- X-Zone – Best Super Scope game yet (for what it’s worth).
- Mario Paint – Draw your own SNES graphics!
- Gods – Bitmap Bros classic arrives improved.
- Super SWIV – A Brit blaster to beat ’em all?
- King Arthur’s World – Lemmings 2?
- Test Drive 2 – A PC classic, but does it work on SNES?
- Lethal Weapon – It’s all three films rolled into one!
- World Class Rugby – Kick Off revisited.
- Mode 7 – Packed to the brim with playing tips, and incorporating Ask Ade, our regular games advice column.
- Superstore – Whatever accessories you’re after for your Super Nintendo, from T-shirts to binders, you need look no further than this!
- Gamefreak – You’ve been asking us so many complicated technical questions that we’ve had to specially extend Gamefreak this month to cope!
- Play Back – Pages and pages of your letters! Plus the very first examples of your envelope art – and they’re great!
- Supermarket – Bargains galore in what are surely the world’s finest reader ads!
- What Cart? – Every single Super Nintendo game in the world rated! (And there are loads of them…)
- Subscriptions – Absolutely your last chance to take advantage of ordering a subscription at the old low price. You could save yourself a small fortune!
- Next Month – Our increasingly dubious predictions as to what’ll be in the next month’s Super Play.
- Cartography – All those tricky technical terms that’ve been troubling you explained.