Source: Nintendo Power – Issue Number 29 – October 1991
At this point in 1991 Nintendo Power was primarily covering the original NES and Game Boy. However, early coverage of the new Super Nintendo had started as well. The October 1991 issue includes:
- F-Zero – We’ve seen the future of racing, and it takes a serious turn as aliens go up against earthlings.
- Star Trek – Trekkies will delight in the latest from Konami, Beam me up, Scotty, I’m running low on energy!
- Roger Clemens MVP Baseball – Big league baseball comes to prime time with the big hitters on the NES. Play Ball!
- Metroid – It’s a blast from the past – the original Metroid with Samus Aran trapped on the planet Zebes.
- Shatterhand – When scientists twist technology to meet their own greedy goals, a futuristic cybernoid steps in.
Super NES Showcase
- Super Ghouls ‘N Ghosts – They’re brawlin’ in the graveyard with Capcom’s super sequel to Ghosts ‘N Goblins.
- Hal’s Hole-In-One Golf
- Super R-Type
Tips from the Pros
- Nester’s Adventures
- Classified Information
- Counselors’ Corner
- Now Playing – Step right up – the box office is open!
- Pak Watch – Mega-hits are coming soon to a video game system near you.
- Castlevania II – The Belmonts are cursed by the Count, but they’re not down and out yet. It’s a haunting adventure for the Game Boy.
- Bart Simpson’s Escape From Camp Deadly – When Bart butts heads with his camp counselor, something’s got to give, and it probably won’t be Bart!
- Track Meet – Runners, take your marks – get set for Game Boy games!
- Monopoly – Land barons bet the big bucks on Atlantic City deeds.
- Player’s Pulse
- Player’s Poll Contest
- NES Achievers
- Top 30
The Info File
- Celebrity Profile
- Bulletin Board
- Next Issue