- Tag Archives commodore
The Guide to Computer Living was a Commodore specific magazine that was published in Oregon. It covered at least the Commodore 64, Commodore 128 and Amiga. As far as I can tell, it seemed to be popular regionally but not necessarily nationally. The November 1986 issue includes:
- RND (0) Notes – We now join “As The Disk Spins” in progress. Soap suds and silicon, the new fall line up.
- To The Editor – Complaints and kudos for Dr. Tim. But no defense of the VIC-20 this month. Sorry.
- CompuSex – And you thought we were kidding! C-P-U meets S-E-X and, thanks to this special section of The Guide, YOU ARE THERE.
- Adventures of a Baudy Lady – Log on, leer in and lather up. Sex with a modem. What’s happening in the dim recesses of database services.
- Sex & Computers! – We promised…we delivered! Computers in compromising positions. A Guide Exclusive!
- Leather Goddesses Of Phobos – Tame, Suggestive or Lewd. Infocom breaks the no-no barrier (sort of) in their new “adult” adventure.
- Computer Widow – Turned off and abandoned. And we’re not talking about the computer. Is there NOTHING left for a lonely housewife to do?
- IntraCourse – This sex survey program asks you about things you’ve never dreamed about and things you’d rather forget. Then it compares you to The National Average. An anxiety-maker endorsed by Dr. Joyce Brothers.
- Strip Poker – The game where you don’t care if it doesn’t play such a good game of cards. The computer amusement that made teenage boys happy.
- Computer Curmudgeon – From programming to puberty. One woman’s perspective.
- BobsTerm Pro 128 – Signing-on was never more fun or more versatile. An outstanding terminal program moves to the C-128.
- FSD-1 Disk Drive – Cheaper than a 1541, smaller than a 1541 and it does all the same stuff. Why pay more?
- Freeze Frame – CardCo may be gone; but Freeze Frame continues to dump on their memory.
- VIP Professional MaxiPlan – One Amiga spreadsheet that does a Lotus 1 2 3 impersonation, another that talks. Now, what about one that does Ed Sullivan?
- Turbo MIRV – It’s getting crowded in here! MIRV stuffs desktop utilities into the C-64/128 and there isn’t enough room to move sideways.
- Quickies – Brisk and sometimes abrasive reviews of the latest in computer products. You read it here first.
- Potpourri – Technicolor zombies, nuclear holocaust and Commodore International. Amazing what’s getting into the news these days.
- Real Gamers… – Bob winds up a new joystick and dusts off a couple oldies. You read it here first.
- Dr. Timothy Leary – From cave to keyboard. Dr. Leary looks East and describes the dawning of the computer age.
- Amiga Monthly – Vas ist DOS? Some handy AmigaDOS commands Commodore doesn’t tell you about. Also Cinemaware preview, Mind Walker and The Music Studio.
- Beginner’s Corner – Disk Data. How it gets there, where it goes, and what it means.
- Machine Language – Build your own computer without wire, pliers or spare parts. McCormick does it in software.
- More Computer Magic – “A State of Mind.” This time the computer knows what state you’re thinking of. Incredible.
- File Viewer – “And I wish that I could look at any file on my floppy disk.” Wish granted.
Info was a magazine that was produced on Commodore computers and for Commodore computers. Primarily it covered the Commodore 64, Commodore 128 and Amiga lines. It was first produced using a Commodore 64 but after a short time it was produced using an Amiga. The July/August 1989 issue includes:
- Interview: Dale Luck – One of the original Amiga Designers, Dale is also the producer of Xwindows and the BOING Mouse. Find out why Dale’s name strikes terror in the hearts of the Commodore board, and how you can buy a BOING Jacket!
- Fun With Amiga Sound – We all know the Amiga is great for serious musicians, but what about the rest of us? Here are 23 products for just foolin’ around.
- Chump – Our annual romp into the forbidden land of computer industry irreverence.
- Editors’ Page
- Reader Mail
- News & Views
- New Products
- Games for Amiga
- Games for C64
- Copy Corner
- Public Domain
- Mindlight 7
- Maverick 2.0
- Professional Data Retrieve
- Silentwriter LC890
- Show Report
- Real World
- INFO Update
- Back Issues
- FREE Mouse Pad
- Ad Index