Edge is a video game magazine published in the U.K. It is a very long running magazine (at least for video game magazines). The first issue was published in 1993 and it is still being published. The December 1993 issue includes:
- News – 3DO hits the streets, Jaguar licensees announced, Edge has the latest on the world of video gaming.
- Charts – Think of it as a guide to the games market. We show the games that are selling best worldwide.
- Prescreen – After tracking down the best new games on all formats. Edge’s investigation team reports back.
- Competition – Win a brilliant Acorn A3010 with a bundle of games and a printer. Just answer one question…
- Release dates – You know what you want, you know where to get it. Here’s when you can expect it to appear.
- Rise Of The Robots – The ultimate beat ’em up, or just Street Fighter clone? Edge profiles the real mean machines.
- Virtual Reality – Opening the doors of perception, and charting new realms. Edge explores the real world of VR.
- Game genres – This may be the age of new hardware, but games haven’t changed since the 80s. Find out way…
- Supergun – Arcade games in your home? Get a Supergun and it couldn’t be easier. Edge shows you the way…
- Testscreen – The first 3DO game gets an official once over, plus all the very best of the month’s releases.
- An audience with Core – An Edge reader meets Core Design – the team behind Thunderhawk. Find out what they said…
- Subscribe – Do the right thing and get Edge delivered every month. You save money, and get a free slipcase.
- Letters – So many letters, so little time. Here we answer a selection of the best of the month’s missives.
- Recommended reading – Edge reveals what can you expect from the other leading games magazines next month.
- Over the Edge – A lone image from next month’s issue. Edge four is out on November 25th. Be seeing you…