Source: GamePro – August 1997
The mid to late 1990s was one of the most prolific times in video game history. 16-bit systems were still going strong, as well as 32-bit systems from the established Nintendo and Sega. In addition, there was the new kid on the block, Sony, with their PlayStation. This issue of GamePro from August 1997 is a good representation of the chaos that was gaming in the late 1990s.
- Mortal Kombat! – The creators of Mortal Kombat 4 and Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero reveal all to gamers with a Fatality attraction for MK.
SWATPro Strategy Section
- The Fighter’s Edge: Tekken 3 (Arcade) – Big 16-page blowout! All the moves for every fighter! Heavy-hitting 10-hit combos!
- SWATPro – Cheats for War Gods, Command & Conquer, Need for Speed 2, and more!
- Mario Kart 64: Nintendo 64 ProStrategy Guide – Kart Kontenders, get the most out of your power-ups!
- Super NES
- Sports Pages
- Role-Player’s Realm
- Head-2-Head: Letter from the GamePros
- The Mail
- Buyers Beware – The consumer’s hotline!
- ProNews – Sega and Bandai: Merger Meltdown
- The Cutting Edge – ICTV makes online gaming easy.
- Overseas Projects – Look out for Troublemakers!!
- Sneak Previews – Resident Evil, Quake, Ace Combat 2, and more!
- PC GamePro – Extreme Assault, Quake 2, Shadow Warrior, and more.