Source: GamePro – October 1996
GamePro was never one of my favorite gaming magazines. It did have a lot of good content but the organization always seemed…random. Nevertheless, it was a popular and long lasting magazine. The October 1996 issue includes:
- Nintendo 64: The U.S. Launch
- The N64: It’s Heeeeeeeeeere!
- Let the Games Begin: N64 Release Calendar
- The Game Names: Updates on MK Trilogy, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, and Freak Boy
- The Cutting Edge: Nintendo 64 Graphics Hardwired
- Super Mario 64 ProStrategy Guide
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Gold! – An inside look at LucasArts’ five hot Star Wars games: Shadows of the Empire (N64), Dark Forces (PlayStation), Rebel Assault II (PlayStation), Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (PC-CD), and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (PC-CD).
SWATPro Strategy Section
- Super Mario 64 Nintendo 64 ProStrategy Guide – Mario’s most essential moves, how to use camera views, and a breakdown of the first two areas.
- The Fighter’s Edge Presents: Tekken 2 (PlayStation), Conclusion – Best combos, special moves, linking moves, and throws for the remaining bosses: Anna, Devil, Angel, Bruce, Kuma, Ganryu, Roger, and Alex.
- SWATPro – Secret coedes and tips! Play as Akuma in X-Men: Children of the Atom, Toshinden 2 boss codes, Game Shark codes, and more!
- Sports Pages
- Role-Player’s Realm
- The Mail
- Art Attack
- Buyers Beware
- ProNews – Johnny Cage will appear in Mortal Kombat Trilogy!
- GamePro Online – AOL games and hot Web sites
- GamePro Labs – ASCII Saturn Stick, Psychopad K.O., and Saturn 3D Analog Controller
- Overseas ProSpects – CoolBoarders and Motor Toon 2!
- Sneak Previews – Fighting Vipers, Soviet Strike, Treasures of the Deep, Doom, and more!
- PC GamePro – Starcraft, Interstate ’76, and more!
- Hot at the Arcades – Soul Edge Version II