This issue of Electronic Games was the first issue in the early 1990s rebirth of the original. I quite liked this magazine but it entered an already crowded market. It was not quite as long lasting as some other popular magazines but it did hang around for nearly five years in this iteration.
The October 1992 issue of Electronic Games includes:
- Power On!
- Game Doctor
- Fandom Central
- The Kunkel Report
- Video Game Gallery
- Software Gallery
- CD Gallery
- Insert Coin Here
- Portable Playtime
- Playing to Win
- Test Lab
- The EG Poll
- Things to Come
- Gamers Guide to Science Fiction – EG offers a complete overview of science fiction software, with sections devoted to action, adventure and licensed titles. Also included are interviews with Harlan Ellison, Syd Mead and William Shatner.
- EG’s Fall/Winter Preview – What new and exciting games are coming out this holiday season? EG takes you for a flyby of some of the best upcoming video game and computer software.
- The Sound of Gaming – Everything you ever wanted to know about soundboards and the companies that make them.
- East – Meets – West – The reasons behind the changes game companies make to Japanese imports, including the list of criteria Nintendo uses when evaluating games submitted for approval.
- Smartening Up… with Electronic Games – The latest edutainment titles are here, and EG has them.