EGM ran for many years. By the time 2007 came along, I didn’t really pay that much attention to it anymore. Neither did many others apparently since it didn’t last as a print publication all that much longer. It wasn’t that it became a terrible magazine or anything, I just didn’t keep up with newer games like I used to and most of those who did, did so online. It’s still hard for me to believe that systems like the PS3 are a decade old. The June 2007 issue of EGM includes:
- In Soviet Russia, letter writes you
- Exclusive: God of War: Chains of Olympus – The portable world just got a whole lot bloodier…
- Works in Progress – Keep an eye on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 – they’re changing
- Foreign Object
- Preview: Fracture – The shooter from the MechAssault guys breaks new ground
- Online Scene – Check out what developers are praising – or whining about
- Preview: Manhunt 2 – The Wii steps into Mature-rated territory – take that, politician!
- The Big Ones – Grand Theft Auto IV goes under the EGM microscope
- Interview: Hironobu Skaguchi – Why does the creator of Final Fantasy hate the PS3?
- Rumor Mill – The Q-Mann reveals where Dead or Alive will bounce to next
- Take This Job – Learn what it takes to break into the world of public relations
- Coming Soon – Games that defy the so-called “summer drought”
- Reviews Intro
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia
- Dawn of Mana
- Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm
- .hack//G.U. Vol. 2: Reminisce
- Etrian Odyssey
- Time Ace
- Brooktown High
- Coded Arms: Contagion
- Reviews Wrap-Up
- Seanbaby’s Rest of the Crap – Why is Seanbaby interested in playing with dolls? Isn’t that sort of, uh, creepy?
- Retro: Grappling With Greatness – Games that feature the infamous “grapple” are destined to be remembered
- Crossword/Grudge Match – EGM’s final crossword puzzle? Say it ain’t so!
- Next Month
- Hsu & Chan