Source: Retro Gamer – Issue Number 50
Retro Gamer is a magazine published in the U.K. that covers “retro” video and computer games. It has been published for many years and the oldest issues could themselves be considered retro at this point. Even this issue was published more than 11 years ago. Issue number 50 of Retro Gamer includes:
- The Dream Machine – Find out why Sega’s most innovative console didn’t stop the Japanese giant from crashing out of the hardware race.
- Reader Special: Your Best Gaming Moments – To celebrate our special 50th issue, 50 of our readers share their all-time favorite gaming moments.
- Zombie Nation: The House of the Dead – Sega’s popular undead blaster has been terrorizing us for 12 long years. Discover why it’s remained so popular.
- Desert Island Disk: Celebrity Special – In a change from our usual feature, Lemmy, Gaz Top and Simon Munnery discuss the game they can’t live without.
- The History of…Grand Theft Auto – As the world patiently waits for the imminent arrival of GTA IV, Retro Gamer charts the history of one of videogaming’s coolest franchises.
- The Making of… – We’ve reached 50 issues, which is pretty monumental for such a niche mag. Original editor Martyn Carroll reveals how your favorite magazine came into being.
- The Making Of: Gunstar Heroes – In an excellent new interview, Retro Gamer talks to Treasure about one of its most influential 16-bit blasters.
- The Big Interview: Roger Dean – His striking images have graced some of Psygnosis’s most popular games. Roger Dean explains how it all began.
- The Making Of: The Great Giana Sisters – It’s seen as one of the C64’s best platformers, but Nintendo wasn’t a fan. Manfred Trenz explains why.
- News – Help save the wonderful Museum of Computing.
- Letters – Your chance to give a little something back to the mag.
- Collector’s Corner – Benjamin Robinson has a magazine collection to die for.
- Back to the Nineties – Richard Burton charts the arrival of the Game Boy.
- Retro Revival – Holy smokes Batman, you’re in an 8-bit videogame.
- The Classic Game – Rediscover Howard Scott Warshaw’s Yar’s Revenge.
- Retro Revival – Which 8-bit version of Elite’s Thundercats was the best?
- Perfect Ten – Ten Dreamcast titles to make your life that little bit better.
- The Gallery – A lovely collection of Sega arcade games to drool over.
- Retro Rated – Your latest guide to the very best downloadable classics.