Electronic Gaming Monthly was probably the most popular video games magazine of the 1990s. It was also among the best. The June 1998 issue includes:
- Turok 2 – We recently took a trip to Iguana to see what this Turok 2 game is all about. With an improved engine, incredible levels and a Multiplayer Mode, among other additions, this sequel is one to watch for.
- Editorial – Man oh man, technology sure does change fast…
- Letters – Curious about our April fools’ gags? EGM comes clean.
- Quartermann – The Q has info on Final Fantasy VIII and IX, Crash 3 and a spy game based on a new version of the GoldenEye engine.
- Review Crew – This month we give you Tekken 3, Panzer Saga and more!
- Nintendo 64 Previews – We take a look at the console version of NFL Blitz from Midway as well as the long-awaited Mission: Impossible, and more.
- PlayStation Previews – This section is packed with big names including Metal Gear Solid, Colony Wars: Vengeance and Bushido Blade 2.
- Saturn Previews – We’re back with Saturn stuff! We preview a near-complete version of Burning Rangers.
- Arcade Previews – Sega Rally 2 and Fighting Vipers 2 are just a couple of the games in this month’s Arcade section.
- Jump Start – Learn why chicken is so important while playing Tekken 3…
- Tricks of the Trade – Get a full-on Debug Mode for Quake 64 on the N64.
- Get Some! – This month we give you everything from an inflatable man to a digital camera…can you use both at the same time?
- The Final Word – Nintendo’s game may be good, but do they focus too much on making them cutesy for the kids?