BLiP was a video game magazine published by Marvel in comic book format. While perhaps not the greatest format for such a magazine, it did provide the opportunity to get a video game magazine with a decent amount of content for quite a bit less than the cost of a traditional magazine. A probable victim of the video game crash, it didn’t last long though. The March 1983 issue includes:
- Spider-Man – Spidey joins his creator and a group of fans to try out his new video game.
- End Game – Green with envy, the Goblin tries to upstage the star of the new video game.
- News Blips – 3-D video games, electronic phone books, news about arcades.
- Blip Tips I – A look at the basketball catridges from the Big Three in home video systems.
- Blip Tips II – How to improve your score at Donkey Kong.
- Tron – Why the movie bombed, while the game took off like a rocket.
- Design Wizard – Blip talks with Rob Fulop, designer of Demon Attack.
- Blip Confidential – Quick tips on improving your score in 10 popular arcade games.
- Hall of Fame – An update on top scorers around the country.
- Socks and Parcheesi – A not-so-serious story about the perils of video games.
- Video Word Search – Test your eye-hand coordination with a pencil instead of a joystick.