Digital Archaeology: Codex (Floppy Disk) #8 (part 3)

Still continuing the exploration of the contents of this floppy disk (see the first part here and the second part here). It’s amazing how much information can fit even on a 5.25″ floppy disk when it is all text. This disk is from a batch I picked up at a thrift store a number of years ago. As I have been digging through these disks, it has become obvious that at least some of them were once owned by someone named Connie A. Buys who used to run the “Close Encounters” Special Interest Group (SIG) on Delphi in the mid 1980s.

A SIG, as it relates to Delphi, consisted of forums, live chat and files to download centered around a particular topic or theme. A specific definition of this SIG was found in this document: “This SIG, known as “Close Encounters”, is a forum for the discussion of relationships that develop via computer services like the Source, CompuServe, and Delphi. Our primary emphasis is on the sexual aspects of those relationships.”

Everything was text based from whatever terminal program you used to dial in to Delphi’s servers. Many of these disks have forum messages, e-mails and chat session logs. All of this is pre-internet stuff and I don’t know if there are any archives in existence today of what was on Delphi in the 1980s. In any case, much of this stuff would have been private at the time and some of it is quite personal.

I’m splitting up the contents of this disk (descriptively labeled “File Disk”) since it contains a number of documents, some of which are pretty long. The third document I’m posting (DM1010.DOC) is another log of a session on Delphi and consists mostly of a series of e-mails, some of which are, um, love letters and some of which are administrative in nature about running the SIG. These are from October 2nd through October 10th, 1985.

DM1001B.DOC

read 1
#1 2-OCT-1985 20:37:07 MAIL

To: JOEY, JOHNMYSELF,CABUYS
Subj: Sysop Opening – Close Encounters SIG
Joey,

You’ve been a very good supporter of the Close Encounters sig since it’s
opening on the Groups and Clubs menu.

We are now in need of a sysop and I would like to know if you are interested.

It would require that you be on line most nights between 9 and 11 in the sig.
It would mean that you would be on the lookout for new sig members and new
users to Delphi <tho we’re not pushing this *until* the system problems are
resolved>. It would mean that you would have to be looking for information,
articles, etc. that could be added to the database, although I would handle
getting permission if the article is copyright protected since I have to keep
such paper records on file. It would mean that you would need to help us
(and I’m getting way behind on this one myself!) in keeping the Forum seciton
of the sig moving along with either replies to old messages or posting new
ones for discussion. It would mean suggesting and looking for suggestions
from others as to possible conference topics (JohnMyself will still be
running the conferences each Saturday night).

In exchange for this and anything else you might come up with to help the
sig grow and become profitable, I would be able to offer you a Free Flag
within the sig itself. I would have to ask tho that you *not* access the
sig during prime time and that you not make it too public that you have the
free flag.

The general idea is that you will get enough people into the sig to cover the
expense involved in your free flag. You see, the expense for the free flag is
deducted from any sig royalty checks should the sig make a profit. You can
invite anyone you want to join you in the conference area here within the sig
especially since one does *not* have to be a member of the sig to go into the
sig conference area.

Anyway, Joey, I think I’ve given you enough info here to give you an idea of
what is involved. I must ask that you keep all this info confidential please.

If you are interested in this, please let me know as soon as possible. If you
wish to discuss it before deciding, we can do that at your convenience either
on the phone or on line.

Enough rambling for now! Talk to you soon, I hope!

<hugs>
-Connie

#2 2-OCT-1985 22:02:15 MAIL

From: BOS1A::JOHNMYSELF
To: BOS1A::CABUYS,JOHNMYSELF
Subj: RE: flags

oh yeah, that distinguishes a vender from the regular members
of the sig. read something about it in insiders.

#3 3-OCT-1985 10:12:07 MAIL

From: BOS1A::JOEY “JOEY”
To: BOS1A::CABUYS
Subj: RE: Sysop Opening – Close Encounters SIG

Connie,

I would gbe glad to accept your offer. I always thought the sysop had an

interesting job and always wondered how to go about apply}ing. I don’t

have to wonder anymore, huh? (smile.). I iwll will be online tonight about

8:00 p.m. delphi permitting. I had a real hard time staying online

last night. If I can’t get online, I will call you if that is ok.

the node here is giving me fits. We have had a lot of rain and lightning.

Guess that affects it. Well, talk to you tonight.

Joey
Hugs

#4 3-OCT-1985 16:45:50 MAIL

To: BOS1A::JOEY,CABUYS
Subj: RE: Sysop Opening – Close Encounters SIG

Joey,

I’ll make it a point to be here at 8, Delphi and Uninet willing. If not,
then do please call.

If the number you have is busy, please call 904-388-3135. When I’m on line,
I use the number you have but have a second line which is almost always
free.

Talk to you soon!

<hugs>
-Connie

#5 3-OCT-1985 16:48:53 MAIL

To: ELLISCO,CABUYS
Subj: help?!

Hiya Dick!

If you get a chance, would you come into Close Encounters and try to read
message 200?

Since the great crash, we keep getting “unable to retrieve the information
requested.” <sigh>

Person who set F flag :CABUYS
F flag for :JOEY
Date set :851003
Sig F flag for :CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

#8 3-OCT-1985 16:56:20 MAIL

To: CABUYS,CABUYS
Subj: You set this F flag !

Person who set F flag :CABUYS
F flag for :JOEY
Date set :851003
Sig F flag is for :CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

#9 3-OCT-1985 19:06:08 MAIL

From: BOS1A::ELLISCO “Dick Evans”
To: CABUYS
Subj: 200

Sorry Connie, I get the same answer. Guess that’s one theat the crash ate.
Agape
Dick

#10 3-OCT-1985 23:24:00 MAIL

From: BOS1A::ATRICK
To: CABUYS,ATRICK
Subj: Wang SIG

Connie, did you make it to the Wang show this week? I’ve been heavily
involved in it for the past 4 days and made lots of good contacts (people who
will be joining us in the SIG). Heard some comments about Redshaw–in fact,
Dr. Wang himself mentioned them as an excellent company supporting 2200’s.
Sorry there’s not more for you to see in the SIG yet (noticed you stopped in
again tonite). Hpe tope to be growing
in databases, etc. real soon, and wile welcome your participation!
Best,
Allan

#11 4-OCT-1985 00:14:49 MAIL

From: BOS1A::RODM
To: CABUYS,RODM
Subj: SURPRISE!

My Beloved Darling Connie,

The first thing I want to say is NO surprise! – I LOVE YOU !!!!

I hope to surprise you with something before 8 PM so stay prepared
and patient of my insistance to be close to you !!

That is meant to confuse you !

If I haven’t surprised you with something before 8 PM I wasn’t able to do someth
ing!

Oh well maybe next time!!

I LOVE YOU !!!

I MORTHOVE YOU !!!!!!!

Love,

Rod

#12 4-OCT-1985 01:06:36 MAIL

From: BOS1A::RODM
To: CABUYS,RODM
Subj: A Heartfelt Message!

My DELICOUS Darling,

Love,

Rod

#13 4-OCT-1985 18:22:02 MAIL

From: BOS1A::PRINCESS
To: CABUYS
Subj: hiya <hugs>

hope all is well, why was rod callimg ng me last night?
if you want to call tonight, and can, call after 9
thanks
hugs
peggy

#14 4-OCT-1985 21:28:48 MAIL

From: BOS1A::JOHNMYSELF
To: CABUYS
Subj: what’s this

Hey little girl – want some candy?

ooo
                      ooooo
                     ooooooo
                     ooooooo
                     >ooooo<
                     ooooooo
                     ooooooo
                     ooooooo
                     ooooooo
                     ooooooo
                '";;;;;;;;;;;;"'

#15 5-OCT-1985 09:46:03 MAIL

To: JOEY,CABUYS
Subj: meaning of various flags <for your info>
1699 3-OCT-22:53: General Info
RE: Recovered message (Re: Msg 1695)
From: ELLISCO To: ASMCOR

a= alternate and allows the person to edit and delete messages in forum
c= conference moderator, limited to 1 per SIG
d= database maintenance
e= edit announcements topics and polls
f= free account
g= gag on this user, cannot be seen in conference and cannot enter forum msgs
l= lock this user out of SIG
m= membership maintenance
n= nonmember, set to whatever nonmembers can do
s= set, able to setup a SIG
u= user global defaults for new users
w= wiz = d + e + m + s
x= nonmember replaces “n”
z= zap all flags
Dick

#16 5-OCT-1985 09:47:40 MAIL

To: JOHNMYSELF,CABUYS
Subj: strange filenames & editing problem <from Insiders>
1694 3-OCT-21:38: BUG/ERROR Report
Bug in workspace edit
From: ASMCOR To: ALL

I was in the Preview workspace in Apple sig today, trying to edit a couple
of lines off a file I had submitted. It was named nn$ASMCO$FILE.TXT or
something like that,
and when I tried to edit it with the EDIT nn$ASMCO$FILE.TXT command, it
refused to accept the command, saying “do not use $ in a filename.”
So i tried EDIT *FILE.TXT, and it said “error in wildcard.” Finally,
I tried RENAME nn$ASMCO$FILE.TXT TEMP.TXT, and that worked. I then edited the
file
and renamed it back, and then deleted the copy that was produced. Fun, eh?
Jan

1700 3-OCT-22:54: BUG/ERROR Report
RE: Bug in workspace edit (Re: Msg 1694)
From: DAN To: ASMCOR

This has been on my list to fix for several weeks. Problem will
disappear sometime soon.

Dan

#17 5-OCT-1985 09:54:16 MAIL

To: JOEY,JOHNMYSELF,RODM,CABUYS
Subj: msg from Insiders sig
1711 4-OCT-18:58: Using Delphi
*FlagShip* Poll
From: JSP To: ALL

4. A BUFF, ER’, AH QUESTION., created by WUNDERKIND.
Creation date: OCT 4,1985

Well…. After discovering that Ole Steg, AND I both do this…. We thought it
would be in the Public interest to settle this Burning issue… To put it, Ah,
bluntly: Do you Telecompute in the Buff? Or otherwise oddly attired? Don’t
worry, your responses are Anon, and you will not be the subject of any, ah
unusual, ah, mail…
To better serve you, and our SIG.
Wunderkind.

CHOICE              VOTES   PERCENT
------              -----   -------
YES                    1     50%
NO                     1     50%
                    -----
TOTAL VOTE:            2

Type “VOTE” to vote, “READ” to read comments, <return> for next poll:

#18 5-OCT-1985 09:58:38 MAIL

To: DEB,JSP,CABUYS
Subj: poll question

I’d like your permission to copy Wunderkind’s Poll question to Close
Encounters Forum along with a notation that if any member of Close
Encounters wishes to vote on such poll, he should go to Flagship to do so.

And of course, we would not allow any duplication of the poll question in
Close Encounters.

Do you have any objections to this?

Thanks.

-Connie A. Buys, CLE Manager

#19 5-OCT-1985 09:59:08 MAIL

To: JOHNMYSELF,JOEY,CABUYS
Subj: copy of request to Deb and JSP for your info

I’d like your permission to copy Wunderkind’s Poll question to Close
Encounters Forum along with a notation that if any member of Close
Encounters wishes to vote on such poll, he should go to Flagship to do so.

And of course, we would not allow any duplication of the poll question in
Close Encounters.

Do you have any objections to this?

Thanks.

-Connie A. Buys, CLE Manager

#20 5-OCT-1985 10:05:38 MAIL

To: JOEY,CABUYS
Subj: clarifying some things

Hiya Joey,

As you should be aware by now, you’ll be receiving from time to time copies
of messages from the Sig Managers SIG <known as Insiders> that I think yoyu
need to be aware of.

I just want to be sure that you understand you can read your mail files from
within Close Encounters to avoid any difficulties will your own account.

One more question and I should have asked it before now and it’s very important
I have an answer: What is the status of your account with Delphi? If it’s
past due, JohnWG may zap the free flag. That’s why I need to know.

As for the time on line, I also want to be sure that you understand we are
talking about an *average* of two hours per day. So if one night you can’t
get on line at all, regardless of the reason, then you have some additional
time to spread out over the remaining month as you see fit. Also if you
are in the middle of a conference that is going well and there are people
still there, *you* don’t need to leave just because your time has run out.

And please do ask questions if you have them. Actually at first, sysoping can
seem like a lot of work, but I think once you get going, you’ll love it.
(At least I *hope* you will!)

<hugs>
-Connie

#21 5-OCT-1985 10:35:09 MAIL

From: BOS1A::DEB “deb!, *FlagShip* Manager”
To: BOS1A::CABUYS
Subj: RE: poll question

Connie….

Sure, sweetie, that is fine with me, I was highly amused that someone would
post it! A couple of the staff members wanted it deleted, but I just don’t
care fmuch for consocensoring the members when they have done nothing outside of the
law or outside of good taste.

This _will_ be interesting, eh???

deb!

#22 5-OCT-1985 10:38:11 MAIL

To: BOS1A::DEB,CABUYS
Subj: RE: poll question

Thanks Deb!

And Yes it will most certainly be interesting! <grin>

I’ll probably check from time to time to see how the votes are going too just
out of curiosity!

-Connie

#23 5-OCT-1985 10:59:21 MAIL

To: JOHNMYSELF,CABUYS
Subj: interesting date in membership files

I’ve discovered that if we added a member before the sig went public and
that member has never visited the sig, then the date last on reads: 17-NOV-1858

Perhaps we should delete all those with this date? I hate the way you have
to edit each member individually to find out the interesting stuff like this!

I love you!

-Connie
#24 5-OCT-1985 11:33:19 MAIL

From: BOS1A::JOHNMYSELF
To: BOS1A::CABUYS,JOHNMYSELF
Subj: RE: interesting date in membership files

lets just leave it for now as an interestnig bit
of trivia. Perhaps we can use it later. A passing forum message
for example and then include the information in some kind
of trivia contest.
speaking of which , I would like to start on that soon.
Suppose we confer on how to handle the matter later today either
on-line of via phone.
John.

PS: I Love You. <liss>

#25 5-OCT-1985 11:46:28 MAIL

To: BOS1A::JOHNMYSELF,CABUYS
Subj: RE: interesting date in membership files

I’ve been thinking a lot about the Trivia contest too. Confering on it
is a good idea!

#26 5-OCT-1985 12:18:14 MAIL

To: JOEY,RODM,CABUYS
Subj: Trivia Contest – more info will follow later

.Myself> we should start with the idea of posting a single message under the
.Myself> playground topic each month….
.Myself> which will contain five questions taken at random from the subjects in
the
.Myself> game…
.Myself> we should then allow a week <no more I thnk> for all members to reply t
o the
.Myself> message. and I thing replies should be via dmail to keep others from r
eading answers
.Myself> and then copying them. <not that our members would ‘cheat’>
.Myself> now for the hard part
/w

GROUP LIST: 12:00:04
1) WE MANAGE
Myself, Connie
– idle
AVAILABLE LIST: () = in conf
(CABUYS), (JOHNMYSELF)
—— [2 in this area]
.Myself> naturally if we have a contest we should have a reward.
.Connie> right!
.Myself> I think that the first person to correctly answer the month’s
.Myself> questions should maybe get a special credit – say 2 hours on-line time.

.Myself> and one other stipulation…
.Myself> that a winner one month, should sit out the following month to keep
.Myself> one or two people from doing all the
.Myself> winning and thus killing the purpose
.Myself> of the contest which is to get our members active all together.
.Myself> ga
.Connie> I agree with that!
.Myself> now,
/w

GROUP LIST: 12:02:22
1) WE MANAGE
Myself, Connie
– idle
AVAILABLE LIST: () = in conf
ARNE, (CABUYS), (JOHNMYSELF)
—— [3 in this area]
.Myself> I propose to post a message laying out the contest rules
.Myself> which will take the form of a brief announcement
.Myself> in this way, all our members will get the word ‘up front’
.Myself> message
.Myself> will be approved by u first.
.Connie> ok – no problem there.
/w

GROUP LIST: 12:03:50
1) WE MANAGE
Myself, Connie
– idle
AVAILABLE LIST: () = in conf
ARNE, (CABUYS), (JOHNMYSELF)
—— [3 in this area]
.Myself> now, you should <pls> check out setting up arrangements with Kelly
.Myself> on how to apply this credit.
.Connie> I want to make some minor changes to what you’ve said here before you w
rite the message.
.Myself> It wil no doubt come out of our royalties but the key is how.
.Myself> directly? or through payment from SLG assoc to the member account.
.Myself> ok ga
.Connie> ok…
.Connie> I’ll get in touch with Kelly on Monday, but I prefI’ll get in touch wit
h Kelly on Monday but think I’d prefer payment from SLG Assoc. to member account

.Connie> <sigh> what garbage that line was!
.Myself> no prblm – i read it ok
.Connie> but considering the value of the prize, I think we need to increase the
questions to ten….
.Myself> <right>
.Connie> and we should allow two weeks instead of one for replies since some mem
bers don’t get here on a weekly basis….
.Myself> ok
.Connie> any replies posted in the forum will be promptly deleted by either you
Joey or me and that person disqualified from the current monthly contest…
.Myself> right
.Connie> the prize will go to the person who answers the *most* questions correc
tly. it’s important to state that in your message.
.Myself> <ok – point – prize should be halved if only half correct>
.Connie> and I think we need some sort of consolation prize for the runner-up, p
erhaps I could U S Mail them a 1 lb Hershey’s kiss or something else that might
be more appropriate.
.Myself> good idea
.Connie> perhaps the prize for the winner would be easier to track if we make it
$1 per correct answer. say if there are ten questions and only 8 are answered
correctly and that person is the winner then he gets $8 payment made by SLG to h
is acco
.Connie> unt?
.Myself> thats a good idea and easier to follow too.
.Connie> <or we could go with 12 questions and 2 hours time – either way>
.Connie> by the way, I have two others sources of Trivia questions besides the g
ame that you have.
.Connie> so we should have plenty of material for a while if it’s successful.
.Myself> lets inter mix them too
.Myself> will get a message up later today and dmail it to you
.Connie> the other two sources are a little different – instead of multiple choi
ce answers like the game has, there are just questions with answers provided els
ewhere.
.Myself> ok. that will allow variety to the contest and keep people thinking
.Connie> ok – will look for it then. would like to start this Monday – by the wa
y, I want all answers dmailed to Ladylove account.
.Myself> ok
.Connie> wll keep this account or yours from being flooded! <we hope!>
.Myself> I thought we could start it on Sunday anmd run it till the secxond satu
rday
.Myself> keeps it on full week basis.
.Connie> oh ok that’s a good starting day.
.Myself> ok
.Myself> catch you later
.Connie> ok bye for now
.Myself> will have some things to do before my den meeting at 1.
/no log
.Myself> KISS
.Connie> kiss!!
.Myself> – signed off –
/nolog

#27 5-OCT-1985 13:37:10 MAIL

From: BOS1A::ARNE
To: CABUYS
Subj: are you ever gonna talk to me?

#28 5-OCT-1985 13:54:19 MAIL

From: BOS1A::RODM
To: CABUYS
Subj: copy for you

From: BOS1A::RODM 4-OCT-1985 18:52
To: BOS1A::PRINCESS,RODM
Subj: RE: hello … hope all is well, say hi to connie for me

Dear Beautiful Princess,

I trust your majesty is ruling your kingdom with all the grace and regal
demeanor for which you are known and loved by all your subjects.

In the words of the world today “What’s happening, doll?!”

I <or I should say Connie and I> just had a FANTASTIC!!!! weekend and I
guess you would have to hear of that from her!

I hope your weekend was as good!

We will have to find a way to share some of the ‘beauty’ of life that we experie
nce in o
experience in our individual lives!

I think being able to share some of those things with others is what can make
special things even more special.

Enough for now!

Your loyal subject,

Rod

#29 5-OCT-1985 14:05:48 MAIL

To: ARNE,CABUYS
Subj: talking

Arne,

I am going to talk to you. But I do have certain responsibilities I have to
attend to sig business -wise first and that will take a few more hours.

Sorry.

-Connie

#30 5-OCT-1985 14:09:10 MAIL

To: JOHNMYSELF,CABUYS
Subj: passwords

Lover,

I need to have the password for Miranda set up so I can use the account.

There are times when I want to do sig work without interruptions and when
some see CABUYS in the sig, that means little work because they want to
talk.

Only you and I will know that i’m using Miranda under those circumstances. ok?

Love and kisses,

Connie

#31 5-OCT-1985 14:15:22 MAIL

To: RONMAZUR,CABUYS
Subj: a request

Hi Ron!

When you sent me the book, you included a copy of an article “Computer
Assisted Resources: Sexuality Education Via Microcomputers.:

I’d like to have your permission to reprint that article in the Close
Encounters sig. But if you have any objections, please don’t hesitate to
voice them.

Thanks.

-Connie

#32 5-OCT-1985 14:19:59 MAIL

To: RONMAZUR,CABUYS
Subj: another request

It’s your friendly pest again! <grin>

Your book con

#33 5-OCT-1985 14:20:24 MAIL

To: RONMAZUR,CABUYS
Subj: ignore that last – I hit control z by mistake!

#34 5-OCT-1985 14:22:25 MAIL

To: RONMAZUR,CABUYS
Subj: trying again

I’d like your permission to reprint “Intimations of Intimacy” in the
Close Encounters sig.

Ron, if either of my requests conflicts with your sig, then please say so.
thanks.

-Connie

#35 5-OCT-1985 14:42:53 MAIL

To: RODM,CABUYS
Subj: form letter – part 1

Sweetheart,

I was looking over the letters I had sent out for reprint permission and
they are all the same except for the necessary change in variables.

The next message is a copy of the letter. The variables are:

Date
Name & Adress of whom it’s to
Issue date
Magazine Title
Article Title

Also some of the wording in the second paragraph needs to be modified since
we are operating a little differently now. Will explain that later as it’s
difficult to explain on line.

Love,

Connie

#36 5-OCT-1985 14:43:51 MAIL

To: RODM,CABUYS
Subj: copy of the letter

.lt
2947 West 3rd Street
Jacksonville, Florida, 32205
February 16, 1985

FORUM Magazine
Rights and Permissions
1965 Broadway
New York, New York 10023-5965

Re: Reprint Permission Request
The JULY 1984 issue of FORUM Magazine carried an article titled “The
X-Rated Computer” by Jack Martin.

I manage an electronic special interest group on a computer system
known as Delphi. This SIG, known as “Close Encounters”, is a forum
for the discussion of relationships that develop via computer services
like the Source, CompuServe, and Delphi. Our primary emphasis is on
the sexual aspects of those relationships.

I would like to have your permission to reprint the article named
above for the benefit of our membership.

If you need any further information in order to grant permission to
reprint this article, please let me know.

Very truly yours,

Connie A. Buys, SIG Manager
Close Encounters

.el

#37 5-OCT-1985 15:00:47 MAIL

From: BOS1A::JOHNMYSELF
To: CABUYS
Subj: contest rules

.lt
Close Encounters Sig
Sexual Trivia Contest Rules.

This month in Close Encounters, we will be starting
a ‘sexual trivia’ contest with the official questions
and answers being taken from the game of the same name
and other sources.

Each month on the second Sunday, we will post in the
forum under the ‘playground’ topic, the 10 questions
for the month.

All members of the Close Encounters Sig are eligible to
play regardless of when they joined.

Answers to the questions are to be sent to LADYLOVE
via dmail only. Any answers <replies> posted in the
forum section will be automatically dis-qualified and
deleted.

The winner will be the first person to get either all the
questions correctly answered, or the most correct answers.

You may answer any or all of the questions at any time up until
midnight of the second Saturday following the posting of the
questions, however, the winner <and runner up> will both be
determined by the date/time stamp on the mail file listing for
the last entry. The decision of the judges will be final.

Restrictions do apply

We would expect that if you have access to the game ‘Sexual
Trivia’, that you will dis-qualify yourself from participating
since this will give you an unfair advantage over others who
do not have the game or access to it.

In an effort to keep the game interesting and competitive,
and as fair as possible, the winner of one game will be asked
not to participate in the next months game only.

Of course there will be prizes.

Otherwise why have the contest at all? The winners will
receive a payment to their Delphi accounts of $1.00 for each
correct <or most nearly correct as determined by the judges>
answer from SLG ASSOCIATES.

The runner-up will also receive a prize the nature of which
will be specified at a later date.
.el

#38 5-OCT-1985 15:02:41 MAIL

To: BOS1A::JOHNMYSELF,CABUYS
Subj: RE: contest rules

sounds great! let’s go with it!

Want me to do the first questions? or will you?

#39 5-OCT-1985 18:57:18 MAIL

From: BOS1A::JOEY “JOEY”
To: BOS1A::CABUYS
Subj: RE: copy of request to Deb and JSP for your info

Connie,

I have no objection to the poll question.
Joe

((hugs))
Joe

#41 5-OCT-1985 19:07:42 MAIL

From: BOS1A::JOHNMYSELF
To: BOS1A::CABUYS,JOHNMYSELF
Subj: RE: contest rules

<Will have the first questions ready for posting tomorrow>
<here is an update of the contest rules>

.lt
Close Encounters Sig
Sexual Trivia Contest Rules.

This month in Close Encounters, we will be starting
a ‘sexual trivia’ contest with the official questions
and answers being taken from the game of the same name
and other sources.

Each month on the second Sunday, we will post in the
forum under the ‘playground’ topic, the 10 questions
for the month.

All members of the Close Encounters Sig are eligible to
play regardless of when they joined.

Answers to the questions are to be sent to LADYLOVE
via dmail only. Any answers <replies> posted in the
forum section will be automatically dis-qualified and
deleted.

The winner will be the first person to get either all the
questions correctly answered, or the most correct answers.

You may answer any or all of the questions at any time up until
midnight of the second Saturday following the posting of the
questions, however, the winner <and runner up> will both be
determined by the date/time stamp on the mail file listing for
the last entry. The decision of the judges will be final.

Restrictions do apply

We would expect that if you have access to the game ‘Sexual
Trivia’, that you will dis-qualify yourself from participating
since this will give you an unfair advantage over others who
do not have the game or access to it.

In an effort to keep the game interesting and competitive,
and as fair as possible, the winner of one game will be asked
not to participate in the next months game only.

Of course there will be prizes.

Otherwise why have the contest at all? The winners will
receive a payment to their Delphi accounts of $1.00 for each
correct <or most nearly correct as determined by the judges>
answer from SLG ASSOCIATES.

The runner-up in each months contest will receive a prize
of $4.00 also paid to their account.

The winning answers.

The winning answers along with the official correct answers
and the names of both the winner and runner-up will be posted
in the forum section as soon as possible after the current
contest.

Disclaimer

The above contest rules are subject to change without notice
as is the value and method of i