Super NES Buyer’s Guide was a relatively short-lived Super Nintendo specific magazine published by the same people who published EGM. It was very much a Super Nintendo specific version of EGM. However, you didn’t get very many pages for the price and it didn’t last long. The first issue was included free with an issue of EGM.
The contents of the May 1993 issue included the following:
- SNES Hi-Tech – The Super Scope is color blind! Plus the story on Nintendo’s new encoding system for carts.
- Future Play – R-Type III, G-2, Alien 3, Doremon, Septentrion, Super Air Diver, Y’s IV: Mask of the Sun, Art of Fighting, Neugler, Battle Royal, Sonic Wings, Bio-Metal, Air Management 2, Fatal Fury 2, Tekkaman Blade, Great Battle 3, Kamen Riders-SD, Super Godzilla, Rocky and Bullwinkel, Ren & Stimpy, Crash Dummies, Special Tee Shot, Superman
- SNES Tricks of the Trade – StarFox, Tiny Toon Adventures, Buster Busts Loose, Super Valis IV, Street Combat, Best of the Best, Test Drive 2, Death Valley Rally, Firepower 2000, Warpspeed
- SNES Review Crew – MechWarrior, Family Dog, Troddlers, The Lost Vikings, Dream Probe
- Game Over – Can you get to the ending of Sunsoft’s intense shooter Firepower 2000 with no continues?!
- Speacial Feature – For an all-out mutant creature battle, take a look at Activision’s new action game, Aliens vs. Predator. It’s definitely not for the faint at heart!
- Super Reviews – Bubsy is pouncing onto Super NES with style…StarFox shows off its incredible graphics with the Super FX chip…Plus Run Saber, Mario is Missing, Tuff Enuff!
- Super Previews – Taz-Mania, Aliens vs. Predator, Brawl Brothers, Rocky Rodent, Rock & Roll Racing, Dracula, Super 2020 Baseball, Wolfchild, Pacific Theater of Operations, Kawasaki Challenge, Super Black Bass