I don’t think I even became aware of RUN until pieces of Commodore Magazine were folded into it after that magazine’s last issue. That’s a shame because this was a really good magazine for Commodore 64/128 owners though I loved Commodore Magazine’s coverage of the Amiga as well, despite not owning one at the time. The September 1987 issue of RUN includes:
- Online Services Overview – Join a telecommunications network and access libraries of information, chat with other computerists, purchase merchandise and much more.
- The Online Arcade – Gaming is more fun than ever when you play online.
- Plug Into Telecommunications – To get online, you need a modem and a terminal program. Read how this hardware and software works and what to look for when you shop for a modem.
- 128 Notepad – Now, RUN’s popular desktop accessory for the C-64 works on the C-128, too.
- Summer CES: The Show Goes On – The vitality of the C-64 and C-128 was evident at this summer’s Consumer Electronics Show. Unfortunately, Commodore missed the fun.
- Phaser Phire – Even if you’ve never been a Trekkie, you’ll have a blast routing those abominable Klingons.
- C-64 Function Keys Made Useful – With this program, the function keys on your C-64 become as beneficial as those on the C-128.
- RUNning Ruminations – Increased phone rates for online time may challenge the telecommunications industry.
- Magic – The original column of hints and tips for performing Commodore computing wizardry.
- News and New Products – Recent developments and releases in the world of Commodore computing.
- Mail Run – Input from our readers.
- Software Gallery – Reviews of:
- Cash In – Cash Out
- Accolade’s Comics
- Video Vegas
- Star Trek: The Promethean Prophecy
- Up Periscope!
- Legacy of the Ancients
- World Tour Golf
- geoWatch – RUN’s column for users of the GEOS operating system. This month: setting up a geoFile database.
- Easy Applications – Short but useful applications for your Commodore computer. This month: a program that calculates screen and color addresses for character-graphics layouts.
- Telecomputing Workshop – Advice and andwers to your questions on modems, terminal programs, bulletin boards, and more.
- Resource Center – RUN’s column on Commodores and education. This month: educational opportunities offered by online services.
- Hardware Gallery – Reviews of:
- The Final Cartridge
- Compu-U-Temp, Version 2.0
- Commodore Clinic – Got a problem or question related to Commodore computing? This monthly column provides the answers.
- Mega-Magic – Tips and techniques that are bigger than Magic. This month: a miniprogram that lets you save anything you input from the keyboard.
- How To Type RUN Listings – Using RUN’s Perfect Typist checksum program.
- List of Advertisers
- Coming Attractions