Source: GamePro – January 1998
GamePro was never my favorite video gaming magazine but there’s no doubt it was one of the most popular next to EGM. Sadly, both are now gone. The January 1998 issue includes:
- Castlevania 64: Interview with the Vampire Maker – The hunt for Dracula continues! The Konami crew in Japan reveals inside info on this highly anticipated title.
- 1997: The Year of Gaming Dangerously – The GamePros list their favorite games of the year!
- Spotlight On Road Rash 3D – Here’s a first look at the motorcycle madness that’s about to make its return to the PlayStation.
SWATPro Strategy Section
- MDK PlayStation ProStrategy Guide – Blast your way through MDK from beginning to end with the help of this walk-through. Plus, we give you the location of all the secret areas!
- Fighter’s Edge: Mortal Kombat 4 (Arcade) – Be the master bone-crusher who devastates the kompetition with this komplete move list – more fatalities and combos than you can shake a spinal cord at!
- S.W.A.T.Pro – Tips and tricks for Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, MDK, Street Fighter EX Plus, Treasures of the Deep, Resident Evil: Director’s Cut, Nuclear Strike, and more!
- PC GamePro
- Nintendo 64
- Sports Pages
- Role-Player’s Realm
- Head-2-Head – 1998 is going to be a great year for GamePros!
- The Mail
- Art Attack
- Buyers Beware – The consumer’s hotline!
- ProNews – Nintendo plans to drop its prices on Diddy Kong Racing and Bomberman 64
- NetPro – Tanarus!
- Overseas Prospects – The new Cobra arcade board makes its debut.
- Sneak Previews – WWF Warzone, Diablo, Spawn: The Eternal, and more!
- PC GamePro – Riven and Quake II!
- Hot at the Arcades – Check out San Francisco Rush the Rock: Alcatraz Edition and off Road Challenge!