Computer Play was very briefly a competitor of Computer Gaming World. At the time, it was pretty much the only competitor. However, it was short-lived lasting less than a year between 1988 and 1989.
The November 1988 issue includes:
- Editor’s Page – Computer Play’s year-end balloting.
- Letters – More Feedback from Issue #1.
- Scorecard – Ratings from past issues.
- Coming Attractions – Next issue’s features.
- Industry News – The latest titles to look for.
- Channel Three – Nintendo and Atari releases.
- Other Ports – Mac and Atari ST news.
- Snapshots – Brief looks at new releases.
- Pick Up The Pieces – Tetris: the Soviet import.
- A Risky Undertaking – An introduction to adventure games.
- Ice Play – Superstar Ice Hockey skates away.
- Go Online! – Play online games all over.
- Duel The Desert Fox – Rommel returns to the desert.
- Strategy At War – Empire proves to be excellent.
- Flight Section – Take to the skies in this special section with Tomahawk, Jet, A.C.E., MicroSoft 3.0, Ace of Aces and Gunship.
- Arcade Crossover – Double Dragon scores a hit.