Nintendo Power was never a favorite magazine of mine. I always preferred multiformat video game magazines as opposed to ones dedicated to a particular console. There is no doubt that Nintendo’s official publication was immensely popular and useful for NES owners in the early years.
Issue number 2 of Nintendo Power from September/October 1988 includes:
- Bionic Commando – Shatter the evil scientist’s ambitions!
- Life Force – Vic Voiper takes off again!!
- Castlevania II – Simon’s Quest – Get in on all the gory details.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 – ravel on in Mario’s big dream adventure!
- Renegade – Rid the streets of hoodlums and deadbeats.
- R.C. Pro-Am – Claim the Winner’s Trophy!
- Classified Information – Ultra-techniques to make you a Power Player!
- Howard & Nester – And now, The Amazing Nester!
- Counselors’ Corner – Solve your problems with the pros.
- Player’s Contest
- The Player’s Poll
- Next Issue/From the Editor
- Golgo 13 – The fate of the world is in your hands!
- Blaster Master – Can you save the world from evil Mutants?
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Lee Trevino’s Fighting Golf
- Hudson’s Adventure Island
- Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr.
- Pak Watch – Here’s a sneak peed into the future of NES Game Paks.
- NES Journal – Read all about the new NES Power Set, the new fall TV line-up, and much more!
- Mail Box – Letters keep pouring oin from coast-to-coast.
- NES Achievers – Can you meet or beat these high scores?
- Video Spotlight – Take a look at these Power Player profiles!
- Top 30 – How do your favorites rank with other players, pros, and dealers?