Sarah Elisabeth OXFORD, daughter of N.N. and N.N..
Born 1702 at Hanover Co., VA
Molly TERRELL b: in Caroline Co, VA
Thomas TERRELL b: in Caroline Co, VA
Sarah TERRELL b: ABT 1718 in Caroline Co, VA
Susannah TERRELL b: 6 JAN 1721 in Caroline Co, VA
Hannah TERRELL b: ABT 1724 in Caroline Co, VA
Joel TERRELL II b: 22 SEP 1726 in King William Co, VA
Richmond TERRELL b: ABT 1728 in Caroline Co, VA
Henry TERRELL II b: 1730 in Caroline Co, VA
William TERRELL III b: 11 FEB 1732 in Caroline Co, VA
Elizabeth TERRELL b: ABT 1734 in Caroline Co, VA m: Thomas Wingfield VA
Peter TERRELL b: ABT 1744 in Hanover Co, VA
Married / 1716, 1718 at Anna River,King William Co., VA to:
Joel TERRELL, son of William TERRELL and Martha Susannah WATERS.
Born ABR 1692 at New Kent Co., VA , died 1785 at South Anna River, St. Paul's Parish, Hanover Co., VA
! (1) "Tidewater Virginia Families," by Virginia Lee Hutcheson Davis (Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, 1989) p.268,269. Cites: (a) Emma Dicken, "Terrell Genealogy" (1952) p.56-59,79-82. (b) Campbell, p.311,314. (c) Albemarle County, Virginia Deed Book 2, p.94.
(2) "Vital Records of Three Burned Counties: Births, Marriages and Deaths of King and Queen, King William and New Kent Counties, Virginia, 1680-1860," by Therese Fisher (Heritage Books, 1995) p.112. Cites: (a) VA State Archives, Richmond, Virginia, record 4209.
(3) "Genealogies of Virginia Families from VA Magazine of History & Biography," Vol. V, p.831. "Thomas Wingfield (1670-1720) of York River, VA," by John Goodwin Herndon.
(4) "Tidewater Virginia Families," Vol. 5, No. 2, Aug/Sep 1996, "Connections: Broche-Broach-Brooks," by Lt. Col. James W. Doyle, Jr., p.71-82. Cites: (a) Letter from John Dabney Terrell to John Davis Terrell of Tuscaloosa, AL, undated, but probably written shortly before the writer's death in 1850, John D. Terrell manuscripts, AL State Archives, microfilm.
(5) Michael Lewis Monroe, Roanoke, VA. E-mail: mlmonro@@infi.net (2001). Cites: (a) "Genealogy of the Lewis Family In America, from the Middle of the Seventeenth Century Down to the Present Time," by William Terrell Lewis (Perryville, MS, 1893).
! Birth: (1a,2a) s/o William Terrell/Susannah Waters. (1a) A tradition handed down among the descendants of several branches of Joel's family has claimed his ancestor was Richmond Terrell. One of Joel's grandsons recounted in his family history that Joel's father was William Terrell, and that Joel had brothers James, John and Timothy. (2a) New Kent County, Virginia. (NOTE: Hanover Co. created 1721 from New Kent County, Virginia.) (4a) s/o William TERRELL.
Marriage to Sarah Elizabeth Oxford: (1) "It is said that" he married Elizabeth Oxford. (3)
Death: (1c) His son Joel identified himself as s/o Joel Terrell, deceased, of Hanover Co., Dec 1758. (2a) About 1758, Hanover County, Virginia.
Source: A Journey Through Time: The Gordon-Benson Families
1. Molly TERRELL
Born ± 1717 at Caroline Co., VA
2. Thomas TERRELL
Born ± 1719 at Caroline Co., VA
3. Sarah TERRELL
Born ± 1718 at Caroline Co., VA
4. Susannah TERRELL
Born Jan 06, 1721 at Caroline Co., VA
5. Hannah TERRELL
Born ± 1724 at Caroline Co., VA
6. Joel II TERRELL
Born Sep 22, 1726 at King William Co., VA
7. Richmond TERRELL PRIVACY FILTER
8. Henry II TERRELL PRIVACY FILTER
9. William III TERRELL
Born Feb 11, 1732 at Caroline Co., VA , died Aug 05, 1812 at Wilkes Co., GA , 80 years
10. Elizabeth TERRELL
Born ± 1734 at Caroline Co., VA
11. Peter TERRELL
Born ± 1744 at Hanover Co., VA