man Dan Martin Baudino‏‎, son of Martino Baudino and Maria Iano‏.
Born ‎ Nov 17, 1904 at Scofield, Carbon, Utah, died ‎ Oct 18, 1990 at Milford, Beaver, Utah‎, 85 years, buried ‎ at Milford, Beaver, Utah
A little part of my history Dan Martin Baudino, I was born in Scofield, Carbon County, Utah, November 17, 1904 and I moved to New House when I was 6mo old and dad worked in the mine for a while and them got sick so he built a Dutch Oven out there and went into the bakery business. Mother made the pastry for him and what little education I got, I got in New House and 1 year in Frisco and I only went to sixth grade and I always thought that I was a big rodeo man and cow puncher, my younger years I was around the cattle and I and another kind by the name of West Joe Hanson we use to turn the calves of the milk cows out into the big corral and use to ride them, until they caught up with us and would raise hell and make us quit. Dad baked bread and peddled bread around the mines, he had a old black horse and buggy, he went up to Black Bird, there was a boarding house up there and Harrecksons there was a boarding house and at the Indian Queen, then through the week he would go to Frisco and I was too young yet to go to school and I use to go with him all over up, their. Then the mines were closing down around, he quit the bakery business and he was going to go out to the Old Revenue mine in Pine Valley and work, they had team and wagons then and he went up and through this canyon and there was this nice stream of water over the summit and the Revenue and he seen this steam of water came back and Homesteaded and I was still a snot nose kid. Any way that is where he Homesteaded and I put a good many years out there and what little I went to school at New House and out there in the summer. Anyway I use to go with dad and he would cut them old cedar trees and he would build him a cabin out their and I would stay with him out there and we would stay a couple of days then go back to New House.
I have one sister she was the oldest her name was Kate and she married a man by the name of Walt Cooksley he was a mill man. I had 2 brothers one named Jimmy he was the oldest brother and he worked in the mines and then he went to Cedar working for the Dixie power comp. they had a big diesel plant down there at Cedar. They gave him a job around that and he lived over there for a long time then he moved back to Milford and bought a shoe shop. He died quite young with cancer and was married three times. The brother that was just older then I, he was interested in the farm at the home stead we would go quite a bit and work out there. He was a boy that they couldn't keep down in School, you use to graduate from public schools at 8th grade there was no high schools then and he went through 8th grade in six years. Then he took sick, and I don't know but we have afterwards with all the sickness we seen through the family I believe he died of appendicitis and they didn't know what it was then. We buried him in old Frisco then I went though life and the first mine I went into was when I was 16 in Marysville, Utah . I worked up there for a couple of months and they had a boarding and bunk house and I never did get any money out of it the company went broke. I came back to the old home stead then by mother took sick, she died of cancer in 1925, We took her to Salt Lake and she was operated on and I don't know if she died from the cancer operation or aerophagia.
Then I lived with dad and Jim, we basked quite a bit together, dad got a bug and started prospecting at the old home stead and he had a drift going (a drift is a old tunnel) any way he had a bump at the floor of the tunnel and was sitting down drilling that single jack to blast it and a rock fell on his right leg. My brother Jim and I thought that he was to long in coming from the prospect so we rode out to see, and we found him under a pine tree so we rode back to Milford to get a cot and carried him of the hill and brought him back to Milford, I don't know what year but it was years before he died but after mother died. He had to have his leg amputated. It wouldn't knit and so he only had one leg and his wooden leg. Dad lived with Pearl and I for several years off and on.
I was invited, I and some other guys out to Jim Thompsons, it was out in the valley and they were having a party and I met Pearl Bentley and Frank Thompson met Glenna Low and he married Glenna within 3 months after he met her, but Pearl and I weren't married for several years after I met her. I was drinking quite a bit and it I was drunk she wouldn't come with me and I wouldn't drink we would go t the dances and up to Hanging rock and chase around. Pearl was kicked from pillar to post, to sister, to brother, from sister, from brother, after she left school, she left school on account of sickness the doctor pulled her out of school that is when she lived with grandma West for years, then one sister would want her, then one brother to keep house and she only received a 6th grade education.
Two to three years went by and then I married her, we had six children, Donna Marie, Dorothy Darlene, Donald Weston, Raeldon Martin, Karen Sue, Kay Louise, and Kay Louise died when she was 4yrs old. The rest of the children are all alive and are all around me.
This part of history came from the video that Debra Riddle made of her Grandfather.
Something's Uncle Raeldon told me is when living at the Baudino ranch, when first homesteaded that that they built pit houses, where they dug into a side of a mountain. Grandpa never said why he only went through 6th grade but rumor has it he got kicked out for saying a bad word. What was the word? RUBBER! and he never went back.
He also never told the story of being a boot leggier with brother Jim, they grew grain at the ranch then made the brew. Uncle Jim was arrested in Richfield. For boot legging.
Mom says that grandpa was arrested for stealing chickens, which he didn't steal but wouldn't tell who did so he was arrested.

Married ‎ Oct 12, 1929 at Parowan, Iron, Utah (53 years married) to:

woman Pearl Margaret Bentley‏‎, daughter of Edward William Bentley and Margaret Alice West‏.
Born ‎ Nov 15, 1909 at Parowan, Iron, Utah, baptized ‎ Jun 10, 1914, died ‎ Mar 9, 1983 at Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah‎, 73 years, buried ‎ Mar 15, 1983 at Milford, Beaver, Utah
Times were sure hard and we didn't have all that we would have liked. We never went hungary. It was shortly before Christmas, Donna didn't have a doll and the girl next door would call her up to the fence to get her doll, then when she got up to the fence she would reach thru and pull her hair many times, and she would come crying in the house. But with it being so close to Christmas we couldn't afford to get her one, and then one for Christmas to. The month of August 24th 1934, Donald was born, and a month before that the 3rd of July on Dorothys birthday we got a good hail storm and it pulled up enough snow. We were able to make some ice cream, and it rained so bad and thundered, that night the road to the mine was washed out. So Dan couldn't go to work. He was so tired, almost all the thunder couldn't wake him. Then one big clap and he woke, and said ok I though you fell out of bed.
I was so mad I could have knocked him out of bed. The winter of 37 it sure got cold. Dan worked all hours on the state road. I can remember it got down to 36 below, he wore a big sheep skin coat and at times when he came home he had ice sickles hanging all over him. Donna started to school that winter, and one day she hadn't came home when she should have. I didn't know where to go look for her. I would walk about a block, then it got so cold I would go back home and get warm, the go out again. Just before dark here she came skipping along as if she didn't have a care in the world. I asked her where she had been, and she said up to the high school watching them tap dance.
We lived in that house for four or five years. Then it was to be sold, so we moved into the house on Main Street where Dora Johnson lived, and where our second son Raeldon was born on January 20th, 1938. I was just a few moths along with him when my brother Ed came over and said my father was real sick and needed my help. I went over and helped take care of him for about a week.
He was bed fast and I could see he was dieing fast. He had cancer of the stomach, and was starving to death.
Then after living in that house for a while they talked about selling it. So we though we had better get a home of our own so they couldn't sell it from under us. So we bought the home where Karen was born, and where we still live today, 17 South 300 West. Karen was born on the 15th of July 1941. It was a cool July night, we had all the doors shut and had a big fire in the wood stove we had in the kitchen. The doctor put his instruments on to boil, as he though he may have to operate, as I was having trouble. The afterbirth came before the baby, and she was sure a dirty mess. I didn't go to the doctor every month with most of the other babys, but with her I did, and I had more trouble with her. I told the doctor that and he said if I hadn't done with her I wouldn't be here telling him about it.
In May of 1942 we moved to Panaca, as Dan had a job up to the mines. Karen had her first birthday there. We rented our home out in Milford, and we came home a time or two and saw how they were taking care of it and we couldn't get any rent, so I came home in August 1943. Dan stayed there and worked, and then came home late in September and started to work on the railroad in October of 1943. Two years later another baby girl was born. Kaye Louise was born May 1st, 1945, she was born in the Milford hospital.
I don't remember just when it was, but some time when we took her to the doctor he told us she had Rheumatic Fever and we had to take her back at least once a month. She also had something wrong with her heart. Then on August 13th, 1949, we were getting ready to go on vacation. Kaye was playing with the neighbor girl, and they were running down the hill and she fell. I could see she wasn't getting up, so I sent Karen down to pick her up, and I could see something was wrong so I went to get her. Dan was down getting the car fixed, so I got the neighbors to take me to the hospital. The doctor there was getting bathed and dressed, and he took his time. The nurse went after him a time or two. Kaye raised up and said Mama I want to go home and that is when she died. I went after the doctor again, and he was just starting up the stairs, and I told him no hurry she has already died. He tried to help her, but he was to late.
The years roll by, they all got thru school, and Donna and Dorothy were married and started raising a family. Karen went to beauty school and worked in the beauty shops for a while. Then she went to nurse school and worked in the Cedar hospital as a L.P.N. until she meet her husband and they were married. Raeldon go married and he worked on the Railroad. Donald never got married, he is living at home with us. In the year of October 1979, we had our fiftyth weeding Anniversary, and we had a real nice party. Then in 1980 we had our Fifty-First Anniversary. Up to 1981 we are the grandparents of 20 grandchildren and eleven great-grandchildren and two more expected soon.


woman Donna Marie Baudino‏
Born ‎ Aug 6, 1930 at Milford, Beaver, Utah, baptized ‎ Apr 2, 1939 at Milford, Beaver, Utah, died ‎ Jul 30, 1997 at Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah‎, 66 years, buried ‎ Aug 4, 1997 at Milford, Beaver, Utah
The History of Donna Marie Baudino Craw

I would like to tell my life story by the houses we have lived in.
I, Donna Marie Baudino Craw, was born in Milford, Utah August 6th 1930, to Dan M. and Pearl M. Baudino.
The first house I remember was the house Donald was born in. He was born August 24th 1934. Dorothy and I were playing in our tree swing when Donald came into the world. Boy, were we happy to have a brother. We lived in the house at the start of my school days, 1936. I only remember the cold winters. I had to walk in waist high snow; but loved school, so I didn't mind. This is the house where Dorothy and I stood on the toilet and got into the medicine cabinet. We got Grandpa Baudino's Carter's little liver pills and sucked the candy off. No one was sicker, but we lived through it.
We then moved into the Johnson's house on Main Street. This was when we met the Smiths', Kenny, Verda, Patty, and Eddie. I remember most the time Patty and Eddie let me ride their two-wheeled bike. I ran into a fence of roses and punctured the tire. Dad was so mad at me; he jumped up and down and screamed. That was the first time he had really screamed at me, but believe me it wasn't the last. Good old Dad fixed the tire and I rode it a lot, but I tried to stay away from fences. This was the same house our second brother Realdon M. Baudino was born in, on January 20th, 1938. Mother was still in bed with Realdon, and I walked in my sleep. She kept calling out "Who is it?" Of course, I was asleep, so I didn't answer. She was so scared, I almost got clobbered, but when she saw it was me she hugged me and put me back in bed. This was the same house where Donald put soap in the bread. Mama thought she was able to get all of it out, but every time we took a bite we blew bubbles. That was the first and last bad bread Mom ever made.
We then moved to the School house. I loved it; just walked through the block to school. I remember playing Pick-up Sticks with the Holm family. I wasn't very good, but they made me feel like a winner anyhow.
We then moved to the "good old house." I would like to describe this house when we first moved in. There were three rooms. In the kitchen there was nothing but a pipe coming out of the floor for the water. There were no cupboards, sinks, or even a bath. We just had an outhouse. Every year at Halloween the kids knocked it over, and every year Dad had to put it back up. One year he decided to tie it to a telephone pole which was in back of it. From then on it stayed up. We did care about the house. We were happy. I remember Mom teaching us the old songs. We would cook and do dishes and sing around the kitchen. There were the years we played with the Thompsons, Calvin and Carlie. Then there was Arnold Swindlehurst. One day we were playing Keep Away with Calvin's hat. Arnold wanted to play. When we said no he got mad and threw me down on the porch and broke my collar bone. Dorothy went to the old library where Mom was working and told her I was just boobing around because Arnold threw me down, but when Dad and Mom got home they found out differently. They took me to the hospital and I had to wear a brace for six weeks. We had lunch at the Thompsons a lot. We made sandwiches with deviled meat, shredded onions, and plum jam. Boy what a sandwich; to this day my mouth waters for it. This house was so small that Dorothy and I slept in the living room. One night I again walked in my sleep. I took all the covers off the bed and put them outside in the car, then I went back to bed. When Dorothy woke up because she was cold, she asked where the covers were and I said they were out in the car, so I immediately went out and got them, and then I went back to sleep.
This is also the house where Karen Sue was born, July 15th, 1941. Dorothy and I were prepared to stay awake all night to see if we got a boy or a girl, but went to sleep just before she was born, so we didn't find out anything until the next morning. We were very happy to have another sister.
We then moved to Panaca, Nevada. We lived there just a year, and not much happened except all five of us kids had the measles at the same time. Mother went from bed to bed. We worked her to exhaustion. I do remember one night the school house burned down, so off we went to the CC Camp. That was where we went to school that year. We had an extra course reading the writing of the CC boys had written in the walls.
After that it was back to Milford and the good old house. In a few years we had another sister join the family. Kaye Louise was born May 1st, 1945. I remember when Kaye was about three years old; we went to Salt Lake for the 24th Parade. We stayed in a hotel and watched the parade from the window. After the parade Kaye was watching the cars on the street. She asked me how the cars turn around, and I said that they turn around just like Dad does, then she said that they don't because Dad turns around in the weeds. The things Dorothy and I had to do around the house were help with the cooking and do the dishes. One night Dorothy; and I were doing the dishes and it was her turn to take the garbage out. I saw she hadn't taken the scrapes out so I went behind her. She went around a bush one way and I went another. When I got around I said boo, and that's the first time garbage hit the moon. We had our own private space orbit. Around about then school was letting out and I was just thinking that there would be no more school. I asked Dad if I could drive the car while he was working. He said yes, if I would bring him down a pack of cigarettes. I got them, but I didn't dare drive over a tie bridge so I pulled off the road. Would you believe, I then straddled a ditch. Dad saw the car straddling the ditch and took off his hat and jumped up and down on it. That's when I knew I was in trouble. I ran over to Main Street and got some friends to get the car out. When Dad came home from work he didn't say anything, but I didn't take the car for a while.
It was that same year that tragedy struck our family. Kaye Louise died at the age of four. She made such an impact on our lives we will never forget her.
Later on, Dorothy and I found ourselves working in a café together. I was the cook and she was a waitress. Who should come in one day but Denzel Craw. He was such a cut-up that we decided to play a joke on him. He had ordered a hamburger steak and we put Tabasco sauce all over it. He took one bite and was so mad her left the café. Dorothy went after him and I fixed him another hamburger steak. Later on Denzel told me that if we could have a marriage as hot as that steak was, it would last forever. So off to Poiche we went to be married. After a day in Nevada we came home to a dinner given by Dave and Dona Coleman. After dinner, Denzel and I decided to slip away. I went out the front door and he started out the back. Well, Dorothy and Ted Carter saw him leaving. They jumped on him a little too hard, and knocked him down and he broke his foot. So, into the hospital he went. Twenty four hours for the swelling to go down and another twenty four hours for a walking cast. That was our honeymoon.
We lived in Milford for a while with Denzel working for the Railroad and me working at the Hong Kong with Mom and Dad helping to care for our little boy Danny. After we lived in Milford a while, we moved to Minersville. While there, Marie, Dorothy's daughter came to spend the night with us and visit with our son Dan. I asked them what they wanted for breakfast and Marie said she wanted a waffle. I told her that I didn't have a waffle iron, so she said that she didn't want a waffle iron, she wanted a waffle.
After Denise was born, Denzel said that he was going to rejoin the Navy, so we were off to Salt Lake for his physical examination. He said that they felt his pulse and said well you're alive, so into the Navy he went. He first went to San Francisco, then on to San Diego, where I started Navy life. Darrell was born there. From San Diego we went to Port Hueneme. I got pregnant with our daughter Debra. We received orders to go back to San Francisco, so we decided I should come to Milford for the birth of our baby. Tragedy then struck again. Our Debra died a few days after birth. Another little girl we will never forget.
After this, instead of going to San Francisco we went to Vallejo. Navy pay at that time was very small, so we had to figure out a form of entertainment for ourselves and the children which wouldn't cost very much. We would buy hamburgers for $0.25 a lb., corn on the cob, potatoes and onions. We would go to Blue Rock Springs and have a picnic. While the vegetables were cooking in the aluminum foil and the hamburgers ready to cook, Denzel and I would play two handed pinochle and the kids would play on the play ground. At this time we met Frank and Eileen Forsey, my cousins, and two of the best friends we have ever had. We were in Vallejo six months then orders came to go back to San Francisco. I really loved living in San Francisco because of the zoos, museums, and Golden Gate Park, there was always so much to see and do that we were busy all the time. We lived in San Francisco for two years. Denzel was on transport ships. They made a round trip in a month, then back to San Francisco for a few days, then they were off again. Orders came again for Port Chicago, so we moved back to Vallejo. Denzel was on ammunition ships that were going in and out of Vietnam. He was gone ten month at a time. From Vallejo we went back to San Diego, where Dan graduated from high school. My little family was growing up.
Then we got orders to go to Seattle. I could hardly believe that we were leaving California. Seattle and all of Washington I will never forget. The rains and everything was green year in and year out were nice. We were there for sixteen months when Denzel got orders to Vietnam. One hold year there, so I came home to Milford to live. I went to work at the Hong Kong. Dorothy and I worked together for a few years. There were so many funny things that happened. One night a railroad crew was called and I was in a hurry to get them fed. Some of them wanted coffee and some wanted tea, so I grabbed cups in one hand and the tea pot and coffee pot in the other. The tea pot slipped and water went all over the place. I told the crew that I was losing my water. There was much laughter in the old Hong Kong that night. One other night the Hong Kong was filled to capacity and I was waiting on three men who were house movers. I went to the first man who said he wanted coffee. The second man said he would have coffee also. When I asked the third man what he wanted, he said what he really wanted was some mother's milk and some cookies. I was so shocked and so mad, I went up by the coffee pot where Dorothy was and told her about it. She started laughing so hard, she got me laughing too and we stood there laughing for fifteen minutes. We laughed so long; everyone in the café was staring at us. One day Betty Yee came out of the kitchen. She started telling us some of the Chinese beliefs. They believe if there is anything wrong with your heart, you eat heart, anything wrong with your liver, you eat liver, any thing wrong with your kidneys you eat kidneys, and so on. A little while later a railroad man came in. We started telling him about the Chinese beliefs. He stood there for a minute and then said what do you do or they do when they are constipated. Of course there was plenty more laughter.
There is not too much to tell now. Dan is still on a submarine, making the Navy a career. Denise got married and gave us three beautiful grandchildren, Jennie, Vickie and Brandon. We love them so much. Darrell is married now, so more grand babies to love.
There can be no end to this story because my life goes on and on.

Donna Craw and Family
man Donald Weston Baudino‏‎
Born ‎ Aug 24, 1934 at Milford, Beaver, Utah, baptized ‎ Feb 6, 1943 at Milford, Beaver, Utah, died ‎ Jan 2, 2008 at Milford Valley Hospital, Milford, Beaver, Utah‎, 73 years, buried ‎ Jan 5, 2008 at Milford City Cemetery, Milford, Beaver, Utah
Donald Weston Baudino, written by Karen Baudino
Born August 24, 1934 in Milford, Utah. Parents Dan and Pearl Baudino. He was about 4 years old, when mom went to Parowan to bottle fruit, and dad tied the fruit on the car they had, with bailing wire, to get it to Milford. When they got home, he just cut the bailing wire and left it hanging on the car and Donald was playing around the car, and sliding down it and cut his leg real bad. They had to take him to get it sewed up and they had to give him gas and the Dr. asked if he had, had anything to eat and mom and dad said no. But they had got some apples in Parowan, and he had eaten an apple and while they had him out, he vomited and stop breathing but they got him breathing and he was ok.
He graduated from High School in 1953, then he worked for the city of Milford, at the railroad and for the farmers. He washed dishes at the Hong Kong.
Donald didn't have Drivers Ed in school, so he couldn't get his driver's license in Utah. So Dad went to Caliente, got a P. O. Box, took Donald to Caliente, and got his Drivers License and had it sent to the P. O. Box. He went out and got it and then he only had to take a test in Utah and got his license.
Ray worked at the American Excelsior plant in Cedar and got Donald a job there and he lived with us.
After mom died, he took care of dad, took him whereever he need to go and took care of the house, and cooked their meals.
We have always enjoyed Donald on our family vacations, he has been to Yellowstone and Salt Lake with us and the kids had lots of fun having him along. Donald has always been good to all this nieces and nephews, he has spent many weekends at our home and my children always enjoyed having him here.

Died just after 4pm EST, 2pm MST

This was found at City of Milford's web site and at The Spectrum's web site, the Cedar City News Paper

Donald Weston Baudino
Milford - Donald Weston Baudino, 73, passed away January 2, 2008 at the Milford Valley Hospital Long Term Care Center. He was born August 24, 1934 in Milford, Utah to Dan Martin & Pearl Margaret Bentley Baudino. He was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He enjoyed taking pictures especially of his family and friends. He was an avid supporter of the Milford High School Tigers and all their sports. He was a good friend to everyone and enjoyed being around people and especially loved his nieces and nephews.
He is survived by his brother, Raeldon Baudino of Tooele, Sisters, Dorothy Carter of Minersville and Karen Neilson of Cedar City. He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters Kay Louise & Donna Craw.
Funeral services will be held on Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 11:00AM at the Grave Side at Milford Cemetery under the direction of Southern Utah Mortuary. Family and friends may pay their respects on Saturday from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at the Southern Utah Mortuary. Online condolences can be sent to
woman Kaye Louise Baudino‏‎
Born ‎ May 1, 1945 at Milford, Beaver, Utah, died ‎ Aug 13, 1949 at Milford, Beaver, Utah‎, 4 years, buried ‎ at Milford, Beaver, Utah