Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Sci-Fi/Fantasy » Battlestar Galactica » About f+++ing time!!
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
About f+++ing time!! [message #34662] Sat, 26 January 2013 20:02 Go to next message
BillV2320 is currently offline  BillV2320
Messages: 103
Registered: June 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome 
Here’s when we'll finally get to see BSG: Blood and Chrome on
TV!
Trent Moore 
Fri, 01/25/2013 - 4:42pm
Though most Battlestar Galactica fans probably already checked out the
prequel series Blood and Chrome when it debuted online  last year,
we’ve been waiting to hear exactly when the web series would
formally debut on TV. Now we know.
The two-hour movie version of the series will debut at 9 p.m. on Feb. 10
on Syfy, featuring additional footage and scenes that were not included
in the web episodes. Shortly after the TV premiere, the film cut will be
released on DVD, Blu-ray and video-on-demand services on Feb. 19.
Set during the first Cylon War, Blood and Chrome followed a young
William Adama (Luke Pasqualino) and a small team sent on a dangerous
secret mission deep into Cylon-occupied space. The series was largely
shot with green screen and relied heavily on effects work, which gave it
a pretty unique look. It’ll be interesting to see how that
translates from a computer monitor to a TV screen.
The series had been in development for a while, and Syfy teamed up with
YouTube channel Machinima Prime  to premiere weekly installments last
year, which racked up more than 8 million views.
It had a very different vibe from Ronald D. Moore’s Battlestar
series, and focused more on patriotism and action, as opposed to the
slow boil of paranoia and political intrigue. It was a fun ride, and
it’ll be great to finally see in on a big(ger) screen.
Did you enjoy the series? Do you plan on checking it out next month on
Syfy?
(Via Deadline  )
Related Stories
All is revealed in the epic finale of BSG: Blood & Chrome! 
Here's when you can catch future episodes of BSG: Blood & Chrome 
Watch the 1st action-packed episodes of BSG: Blood & Chrome NOW! 
Revealed: Which big BSG character inspired Blood & Chrome's Coker 
User Comments
Top Stories
Welcome to the new Blastr 
Whoa! J.J. Abrams is directing Star Wars Episode VII! 
Rare interview with Trek's 1st Captain reveals hopes for a series 
Geek out as Edward James Olmos reads original Battlestar coda 
George R.R. Martin working on new Game of Thrones prequel! Yes! 
 
Most Commented
Who Is Blastr?
Editor
Scott Edelman editor@blastr.com 
Contributing Editors
Tara Bennett
Marc Bernardin
Nathalie Caron
Adam-Troy Castro
Krystal Clark
Kevin Coll
Evan Hoovler
Kathie Huddleston
Matthew Jackson
Chris Kalb
Don Kaye
Dave Maass
Michael Marano
Brian Murphy
Carol Pinchefsky
Phil Plait
Dan Roth
Jeff Spry
Staci Layne Wilson
FAQ 
Feedback 
Terms 
Privacy 
Newsletter Signup 
About Blastr 
©2013, Blastr All rights reserved.
mobileleaptop
Re: About f+++ing time!! [message #34663 is a reply to message #34662] Sat, 26 January 2013 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob is currently offline  rob
Messages: 73
Registered: July 2012
Karma: 0
Member
On Jan 26, 8:02 pm, BillV2...@webtv.net (J.R Bob Dobbs EPV) wrote:
> Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

> Here’s when we'll finally get to see BSG: Blood and Chrome on

> TV!

> Trent Moore

> Fri, 01/25/2013 - 4:42pm

> Though most Battlestar Galactica fans probably already checked out the

> prequel series Blood and Chrome when it debuted online  last year,

> we’ve been waiting to hear exactly when the web series would

> formally debut on TV. Now we know.

> The two-hour movie version of the series will debut at 9 p.m. on Feb. 10

> on Syfy, featuring additional footage and scenes that were not included

> in the web episodes. Shortly after the TV premiere, the film cut will be

> released on DVD, Blu-ray and video-on-demand services on Feb. 19.

> Set during the first Cylon War, Blood and Chrome followed a young

> William Adama (Luke Pasqualino) and a small team sent on a dangerous

> secret mission deep into Cylon-occupied space. The series was largely

> shot with green screen and relied heavily on effects work, which gave it

> a pretty unique look. It’ll be interesting to see how that

> translates from a computer monitor to a TV screen.

> The series had been in development for a while, and Syfy teamed up with

> YouTube channel Machinima Prime  to premiere weekly installments last

> year, which racked up more than 8 million views.

> It had a very different vibe from Ronald D. Moore’s Battlestar

> series, and focused more on patriotism and action, as opposed to the

> slow boil of paranoia and political intrigue. It was a fun ride, and

> it’ll be great to finally see in on a big(ger) screen.

> Did you enjoy the series? Do you plan on checking it out next month on

> Syfy?

> (Via Deadline  )

> Related Stories

> All is revealed in the epic finale of BSG: Blood & Chrome!

> Here's when you can catch future episodes of BSG: Blood & Chrome

> Watch the 1st action-packed episodes of BSG: Blood & Chrome NOW!

> Revealed: Which big BSG character inspired Blood & Chrome's Coker

> User Comments

> Top Stories

> Welcome to the new Blastr

> Whoa! J.J. Abrams is directing Star Wars Episode VII!

> Rare interview with Trek's 1st Captain reveals hopes for a series

> Geek out as Edward James Olmos reads original Battlestar coda

> George R.R. Martin working on new Game of Thrones prequel! Yes!

>

> Most Commented

> Who Is Blastr?

> Editor

> Scott Edelman edi...@blastr.com

> Contributing Editors

> Tara Bennett

> Marc Bernardin

> Nathalie Caron

> Adam-Troy Castro

> Krystal Clark

> Kevin Coll

> Evan Hoovler

> Kathie Huddleston

> Matthew Jackson

> Chris Kalb

> Don Kaye

> Dave Maass

> Michael Marano

> Brian Murphy

> Carol Pinchefsky

> Phil Plait

> Dan Roth

> Jeff Spry

> Staci Layne Wilson

> FAQ

> Feedback

> Terms

> Privacy

> Newsletter Signup

> About Blastr

> ©2013, Blastr All rights reserved.

> mobileleaptop


the death star?
Re: About f+++ing time!! [message #34681 is a reply to message #34663] Sat, 26 January 2013 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YourName is currently offline  YourName
Messages: 366
Registered: January 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
In article
<06aabdd3-1b4e-4a34-a374-962083874c2d@x18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>, rob
<rjs2084@aol.com> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 8:02=A0pm, BillV2...@webtv.net (J.R Bob Dobbs EPV) wrote:

>> Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

>> Here=E2=80=99s when we'll finally get to see BSG: Blood and Chrome on

>> TV!

<snip>
>

> the death star?


Please don't encourage the moronic cross-posting troll. :-(
Re: About f+++ing time!! [message #34697 is a reply to message #34681] Sun, 27 January 2013 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob is currently offline  rob
Messages: 73
Registered: July 2012
Karma: 0
Member
On Jan 26, 9:31 pm, YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name) wrote:
> In article

> <06aabdd3-1b4e-4a34-a374-962083874...@x18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>, rob

>

>

>

> <rjs2...@aol.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 26, 8:02=A0pm, BillV2...@webtv.net (J.R Bob Dobbs EPV) wrote:

>>> Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

>>> Here=E2=80=99s when we'll finally get to see BSG: Blood and Chrome on

>>> TV!

> <snip>

>

>> the death star?

>

> Please don't encourage the moronic cross-posting troll.  :-(


yeah he is a major troll isnt he?
Re: About fraking time!! [message #41973 is a reply to message #34662] Sun, 10 March 2013 00:14 Go to previous message
Clu is currently offline  Clu
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2012
Karma: 0
Member
On 1/26/13 7:02 PM, J.R Bob Dobbs EPV wrote:
> Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

> Here’s when we'll finally get to see BSG: Blood and Chrome on

> TV!

> Trent Moore

> Fri, 01/25/2013 - 4:42pm

> Though most Battlestar Galactica fans probably already checked out the

> prequel series Blood and Chrome when it debuted online last year,

> we’ve been waiting to hear exactly when the web series would

> formally debut on TV. Now we know.


So how did you like this? I would love to hear thoughts on this?

I am on a classic BSG group called "Colonial Fleets"

http://www.colonialfleets.com


And there I had this to say:

I liked it, and for these reasons:

1) Action.
2) Vipers.
3) Classic Cylon raiders.
4) Different characters (not a retelling.)
5) Adama was still idealistic, which gave it the idealistic tone of TOS.
6) Husker and Coker... some of that fun TOS Apollo and Starbuck banter.
7) You get to see more Battlestars.
8) The show is about how the humans win... for a change.
9) Prototype Six was very 80's Sci-Fi art concept interesting.
10) Liked the dogfight between Vipers/Raptors and Raiders over the ice
planet.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Ronald D. Moore Writing George Lucas' Live-Action STAR WARS Series?
Next Topic: Re: PR: Battlestar Galactica Blood & Chrome
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 01 01:31:44 EDT 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00267 seconds