Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Sci-Fi/Fantasy » Battlestar Galactica » What really happened after they settled on Earth
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #25667] Wed, 21 November 2012 00:46 Go to next message
RT is currently offline  RT
Messages: 42
Registered: August 2012
Karma: 0
Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbcLU0U28M&feature=rela ted
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #25738 is a reply to message #25667] Wed, 21 November 2012 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Orval Fairbairn is currently offline  Orval Fairbairn
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2012
Karma: 0
Junior Member
In article <50AC6AC2.32F98584@hotmail.com>,
RT <traRvEskyMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbcLU0U28M&feature=rela ted


That is probably a good assessment. I have always thought that the
rejection of technology is a form of insanity.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #25785 is a reply to message #25667] Wed, 21 November 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
QN is currently offline  QN
Messages: 6
Registered: June 2012
Karma: 0
Junior Member
Right. I hated the dystopian luddite ending.

Bad writing....
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #25801 is a reply to message #25785] Wed, 21 November 2012 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YourName is currently offline  YourName
Messages: 366
Registered: January 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
In article <k8jilc$prc$1@dont-email.me>, "QN" <hidingfromyou@example.com> wrote:
>

> Right. I hated the dystopian luddite ending.

>

> Bad writing....


Goes well with the bad producing, bad directing, bad filming, bad acting,
.... and all around bad idea from the start. ;-)
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #26661 is a reply to message #25738] Thu, 29 November 2012 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillV2320 is currently offline  BillV2320
Messages: 103
Registered: June 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
That is probably a good assessment. I have always thought that the
rejection of technology is a form of insanity.

yeah, that whole ending really was kind of crazy with the 'back to
caveman' gimmick

                               _
                            /'_/ )
                          ,/_  /
                         /    /
                   /'_'/'   '/'__'7,
                /'/    /    /    / " /_\
               ('(    ' Fuck     /'   ')  
            \      You'          /
                 '\'              _.7'
                   \             (
                     \            \
CRIPES A'MIGHTY 3RD!

SHORTBUS O'REETEE STICKLER.

BEWARE OF OL' JEEZL PETE.

2012: YEAR OF THE ROBBY.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #26662 is a reply to message #25801] Thu, 29 November 2012 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillV2320 is currently offline  BillV2320
Messages: 103
Registered: June 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
> Bad writing....

Goes well with the bad producing, bad directing, bad filming, bad
acting, ... and all around bad idea from the start.   ;-)

you are hard core "Classic BSG"-er from day one?
i decided to give the new one a chance and tried to reserve judgement
and ive watched the whole series a couple of times all the way through.
it had some alright points, but in the end i still prefer the original
too,
Moore could have told his story without co-opting BSG's name to get it
sold. it would have been harder, but would have showed a determination
for originality sorely lacking in hollywood nowadays.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #26774 is a reply to message #25785] Fri, 30 November 2012 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RT is currently offline  RT
Messages: 42
Registered: August 2012
Karma: 0
Member
QN wrote:
>

> Right. I hated the dystopian luddite ending.

>

> Bad writing....


Misguided Luddites. It was unreasonable to think that technology wouldn't
reappear.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #26785 is a reply to message #26774] Fri, 30 November 2012 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Orval Fairbairn is currently offline  Orval Fairbairn
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2012
Karma: 0
Junior Member
In article <50B8CA22.ACDA775B@hotmail.com>,
RT <traRvEskyMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

> QN wrote:

>>

>> Right. I hated the dystopian luddite ending.

>>

>> Bad writing....

>

> Misguided Luddites. It was unreasonable to think that technology wouldn't

> reappear.


I think that the ending reflects the perverted Leftist/environmentalist
view that technology and industry are bad and that Man is better off
without them. This perversion is also reflected among the radical global
warmists, who are trying to blame climate change on Man's industrial
activities.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #26806 is a reply to message #26785] Fri, 30 November 2012 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
QN is currently offline  QN
Messages: 6
Registered: June 2012
Karma: 0
Junior Member
"Orval Fairbairn" <orfairbairn@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:orfairbairn-593846.13152830112012@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net...
> In article <50B8CA22.ACDA775B@hotmail.com>,

> RT <traRvEskyMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>

>> QN wrote:

>>>

>>> Right. I hated the dystopian luddite ending.

>>>

>>> Bad writing....

>>

>> Misguided Luddites. It was unreasonable to think that technology wouldn't

>> reappear.

>

> I think that the ending reflects the perverted Leftist/environmentalist

> view that technology and industry are bad and that Man is better off

> without them. This perversion is also reflected among the radical global

> warmists, who are trying to blame climate change on Man's industrial

> activities.


This bad writing happened just after they had a writer's strike. Maybe they
wanted to punish the audience.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #26935 is a reply to message #26806] Sun, 02 December 2012 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack is currently offline  jack
Messages: 83
Registered: February 2012
Karma: 0
Member
It's helpful to remember that BSG is a work of fiction and the writers are free to take the story in whatever direction they want. And in this case the premise was that it took these earlier technological human societies just 2000 years from being established to being destroyed through that technology and the AI beings they created. So far here on Earth it's been 150,000 years and counting since the Capricorn exiles arrived and we're still around.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #29925 is a reply to message #26785] Fri, 21 December 2012 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RT is currently offline  RT
Messages: 42
Registered: August 2012
Karma: 0
Member
Orval Fairbairn wrote:
>

> In article <50B8CA22.ACDA775B@hotmail.com>,

> RT <traRvEskyMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>

>> QN wrote:

>>>

>>> Right. I hated the dystopian luddite ending.

>>>

>>> Bad writing....

>>

>> Misguided Luddites. It was unreasonable to think that technology wouldn't

>> reappear.

>

> I think that the ending reflects the perverted Leftist/environmentalist


But they love technology. What they don't like is wasteful and polluting type
technology.

> view that technology and industry are bad and that Man is better off

> without them. This perversion is also reflected among the radical global

> warmists, who are trying to blame climate change on Man's industrial

> activities.
Re: What really happened after they settled on Earth [message #29927 is a reply to message #26935] Fri, 21 December 2012 16:02 Go to previous message
RT is currently offline  RT
Messages: 42
Registered: August 2012
Karma: 0
Member
jack wrote:
>

> It's helpful to remember that BSG is a work of fiction and the writers are free to take the story in whatever direction they want. And in this case the premise was that it took these earlier technological human societies just 2000 years from being established to being destroyed through that technology and the AI beings they created. So far here on Earth it's been 150,000 years and counting since the Capricorn exiles arrived and we're still around.


What's that? Fiction? ;)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Will BSG Blood and Chrome come out on DVD?
Next Topic: Blood and Chrome not dead?
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 01 00:38:18 EDT 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00317 seconds