- Tag Archives VGCE
VideoGames & Computer Entertainment was my favorite video games magazine of that era. It was published from 1988 until 1993 before becoming VideoGames and ultimately morphing into Tips & Tricks.
The April 1991 issue includes the following:
- Under The Hood of the Super Famicom, Part 1 – The Super Famicom represents Nintendo’s leap into the “next generation” of video-game machines. In our first installment, we’ll look at its inner workings and some of the software titles that are currently available in Japan.
- Sega Champs Square Off In (Not-So-) Sunny Hawaii – Our frontline journalist reports from the Sega Genesis World Championship finals in Waikiki.
- Veigues Tactical Gladiators Strategy Guide, part II – This month, our resident video-game expert shows us how to regain Federation territory and defeat the alien aggressors.
- Games Beyond Tomorrow – Arnie guides us through a galaxy of software that goes “where no man has gone before.”
- Castlevania III Players Guide, Part I – In this installment, Clay shows us how to whip our way through such enemies as skeletons and Medusa heads.
- Winning The West With Games – The Wild West might already be conquered, but now you can become a binary Billy The Kid.
- The VG&CE Second Annual Games Survey – Tell us what you think. Voice your computer and video-game choices for the year – what you have and what you’ll be getting.
- Editor’s Letter
- Reader Mail
- Crash & Boom
- Tip Sheet
- News Bits
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Destination Arcadia
- Gaming on the Go
- Advertiser Index
- Inside Gaming
- Game Doctor
- Video-Game Reviews – Totally Rad, The Adventures of Lolo III, Basewars, Sword Master, Fatal Labyrinth, MetalStorm, RoboCop 2, Metal Mech and Powerball.
- Computer-Game Reviews – Stratego, Stellar 7, Dragon’s Lair II: Escape From Singe’s Castle, Imperium, The Secret of Monkey Island, Command HQ, BattleTech: The Crescent Hawks’ Revenge, Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday and Shadow of the Beast II.
- Computer-Game Strategies – Our computer-game connoisseur helps us take a byte out of The Immortal and Chamber of the Sci-Mutant Priestess.