Electronic Games was really the granddaddy of all video gaming magazines. It’s life was cut somewhat short by the video game crash of 1982/83 but the influence of it and its creators carried on throughout the life of video gaming journalism. Of course, in print form that seems to be pretty much over today.
The July 1982 issue of Electronic Games includes:
- Switch On!
- Inside Gaming – Share the secrets of Activision’s ace designer, Al Miller.
- Test Lab – Our technical expert helps you connect with the right video switcher.
Feature: The History of Arcades
- – Today’s fancy family amusement centers didn’t just sprout up like mushrooms. here’s the story of how it all began.
- Strategy Session – Learn the amazing secret to scoring more with K.C. Munchkin from our home arcade gaming champion.
- Special Feature: The Coming of…Tron! – Disney’s videogame movie doesn’t open until July, but here is the advance word on this animated blockbuster!
- Insert Coin Here – Kick-man, Space Duel and Mouse Trap come in for some probing analysis.
- Special Section: The Players Guide to Electronic Summer Sports – EG’s magazine-within-a-magazine shows how to get the most indoor fun out of electronic versions of outdoor athletics.
- Arcade America – Get your bag of quarters, we’re going to the fabulous Westworld amusement center in sunny southern California.
- Passport to Adventure – Can you unravel the riddle of the island and become truly free?
- Mini-Arcade Gallery – New technology has created programmable electronic games that can be carried anywhere the arcade player wants to go.
- Videogames Go King-Size – Tips for choosing the giant-screen TV to enhance your gaming pleasure.