Though it seem relatively obscure today, Computer Play was once the only competition out there for Computer Gaming World. The October 1988 issue includes:
- Editor’s Page – Thoughts about software piracy.
- Letters – Our readers talk back.
- Hints & Tips – Help with your favorite games.
- Company Addresses – Software game manufacturers.
- Scorecard – How we review games.
- Marketplace – Display and classified advertising.
- Coming Attractions – Next issue’s features.
- Advertiser Index – Reader service information.
- Industry News & Views – What’s new in the biz.
- Channel Three – Nintendo and Sega news.
- Snapshots – Brief looks at new (and old) games.
- MacGames – Have fun with your Mac.
- Unite China – Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Beautiful Music – Jam Session helps you create.
- Fencing Lessons – The challenge of Death Sword.
- Terrorist Attacks – Skim the waves on Pegasus.
- Rule the Skies – Hellcat Ace provides excitement.
- Sports Special – Enter the world of sports games in a special section: John Elway’s Quarterback, Super Sunday, TV Football, Pro/NFL Challenge, GFL Football, GBA Basketball, Sporting News Baseball, Pete Rose Pennant Fever, Computerized Card Collecting, Hardball, RBI Baseball, Leader Board Golf, sports game listing.