Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Digital Archaeology » Computer Arcana » Commodore » Commodore Emulation » running vice
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
running vice [message #338844] Mon, 06 March 2017 21:05 Go to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: marzo7088

Hello, I wanted to know how to run binary files and or sdl based files.I'm only familiar with the typical .exe. Unfortunety there isn't any documentation on the vice emulator where I can find the steps to do to do this.
thanks
Re: running vice [message #338881 is a reply to message #338844] Tue, 07 March 2017 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Kohlbach is currently offline  Andreas Kohlbach
Messages: 1021
Registered: December 2011
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 18:05:55 -0800 (PST), marzo7088@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hello, I wanted to know how to run binary files and or sdl based
> files.I'm only familiar with the typical .exe.

What binary files? 6510 binaries? SDL sounds like something you run on
your host. You don't run them in VICE.

You should have icons in your start thingy in Windows to launch
VICE. Otherwise you might have files like x64.exe which for example
launches the C64 emulator. Once launched you can attach a
disk/tape/cartridge/... image for the C64 and run it.

> Unfortunety there isn't any documentation on the vice emulator where I
> can find the steps to do to do this.

No documentation for VICE? Got not only man pages in Linux but also an
HTML library somewhere on the hard disk when it got installed. I bet
there is also a help button in its Windows version. Then there is Google...
--
Andreas
You know you are a redneck if
your satellite dish payment delays buying school clothes for the kids.
Re: running vice [message #338891 is a reply to message #338844] Tue, 07 March 2017 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: marzo7088

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 9:05:56 PM UTC-5, marz...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, I wanted to know how to run binary files and or sdl based files.I'm only familiar with the typical .exe. Unfortunety there isn't any documentation on the vice emulator where I can find the steps to do to do this.
> HERE'S IS THE LINK.ALL PROGAMS I download contain .exe files.
these read that there binary or sdl based binary.I assume I have to gather them along with other files inorder to run the program?

http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/index.html#download
Re: running vice [message #338932 is a reply to message #338891] Wed, 08 March 2017 15:33 Go to previous message
Andreas Kohlbach is currently offline  Andreas Kohlbach
Messages: 1021
Registered: December 2011
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 19:38:07 -0800 (PST), marzo7088@gmail.com wrote:
>
> On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 9:05:56 PM UTC-5, marz...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello, I wanted to know how to run binary files and or sdl based
>> files.I'm only familiar with the typical .exe. Unfortunety there
>> isn't any documentation on the vice emulator where I can find the
>> steps to do to do this.
>> HERE'S IS THE LINK.ALL PROGAMS I download contain .exe files.
> these read that there binary or sdl based binary.I assume I have to
> gather them along with other files inorder to run the program?
>
> http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/index.html#download

No, you just get the 32bit or 64bit binary version suiting your operating
system. SDL is just a different display method. You don't need this
--
Andreas
You know you are a redneck if
your local ambulance has a trailer hitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: [VICE] Can't type in PET
Next Topic: [VICE] FM Sound Expander
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Tue Sep 25 01:37:36 EDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds