Posted: Tue Mar 11 16:46:00 1986
Date-Received: Fri, 14-Mar-86 03:45:54 EST
Organization: The ARPA Internet
Would anyone be able to figure out where to patch SpeedScript 3.0
(published May '85, Compute! Magazine) do to a couple things differently?
* Different default colors?
* substitute pattern/substitution instead of current
substitution/pattern order of inquiry?
* more editor-like cursor movements (up/down/left/right)?
(word &/or paragraph movement is fine for Word Processing,
and could be kept in the shifted form...but UDLR movement
is more intuitive for most people....)
* Start up in insert mode (I prefer insert to overstrike...)
* Anything else of interest? (My copy come up showing the non-space
spaces at the end of line. It was simple, w/ OS/A+ you can get
back to the OS w/ RESET (DOS II it reboots...), so I set the option,
then went to the OS & saved the copy again. This technique did not
work for the color, or insert/overstrike mode options. I guess some
are loaded as in-line values, and others are loaded into there memory
locations by init code....
Thanks in advance for any tips, useful memory locations, etc...