Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Digital Archaeology » Computer Arcana » Commodore » Commodore 8-bit » Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392492] Fri, 27 March 2020 22:19 Go to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: bernardoone

Steve Smit of the Sydney Amiga User Group talks about the world's only C64 Robot Guitar! See

https://youtu.be/4juOzJSRZSU

Back in California,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group -
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392571 is a reply to message #392492] Mon, 30 March 2020 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.B. Wood is currently offline  J.B. Wood
Messages: 84
Registered: January 2012
Karma: 0
Member
On 3/27/2020 10:19 PM, bernardoone@netzero.net wrote:
> Steve Smit of the Sydney Amiga User Group talks about the world's only C64 Robot Guitar! See
>
> https://youtu.be/4juOzJSRZSU
>
> Back in California,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group -
> http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
>
Hello,

Some years back Jeri Ellsworth constructed an electric guitar with the
neck attached to a C-64: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LM2bom8fsw
(I noticed her in that dress more than the guitar.). Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392572 is a reply to message #392492] Mon, 30 March 2020 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: felix

* bernardoone@netzero.net <bernardoone@netzero.net>:
> Steve Smit of the Sydney Amiga User Group talks about the world's only C64 Robot Guitar! See
>
> https://youtu.be/4juOzJSRZSU

This is awesome, forwarded it to our internal Excess chat :) A shame
modern computers removed all simple bit-banging devices...

--
Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen <felix@palmen-it.de> ,.//..........
{web} http://palmen-it.de {jabber} [see email] ,//palmen-it.de
{pgp public key} http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt // """""""""""
{pgp fingerprint} A891 3D55 5F2E 3A74 3965 B997 3EF2 8B0A BC02 DA2A
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392581 is a reply to message #392572] Mon, 30 March 2020 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: Seth Barlow

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:17:48 +0200, Felix Palmen wrote:

> * bernardoone@netzero.net <bernardoone@netzero.net>:
>> Steve Smit of the Sydney Amiga User Group talks about the world's
>> only C64 Robot Guitar! See
>>
>> https://youtu.be/4juOzJSRZSU
>
> This is awesome, forwarded it to our internal Excess chat :) A shame
> modern computers removed all simple bit-banging devices...

Thanks for sharing, that is very interesting.
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392600 is a reply to message #392571] Tue, 31 March 2020 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Lake is currently offline  Tom Lake
Messages: 448
Registered: May 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
>
> Some years back Jeri Ellsworth constructed an electric guitar with the
> neck attached to a C-64: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LM2bom8fsw
> (I noticed her in that dress more than the guitar.). Sincerely,
>
> --
> J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com

I remember a Canadian TV show called The Red Green Show. Red's nephew Harold played an instrument that looked like it had a VIC-20 or C64 attached.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show#/media/File :The_Red_Green_Show.jpg
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392610 is a reply to message #392600] Tue, 31 March 2020 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.B. Wood is currently offline  J.B. Wood
Messages: 84
Registered: January 2012
Karma: 0
Member
On 3/31/2020 9:21 AM, Tom Lake wrote:
>>
>> Some years back Jeri Ellsworth constructed an electric guitar with the
>> neck attached to a C-64: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LM2bom8fsw
>> (I noticed her in that dress more than the guitar.). Sincerely,
>>
>> --
>> J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
>
> I remember a Canadian TV show called The Red Green Show. Red's nephew Harold played an instrument that looked like it had a VIC-20 or C64 attached.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show#/media/File :The_Red_Green_Show.jpg
>

We gotta find out what that thing is.

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Gu [message #392613 is a reply to message #392600] Tue, 31 March 2020 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: nospam.Mike.Powell

> I remember a Canadian TV show called The Red Green Show. Red's nephew Harold
> played an instrument that looked like it had a VIC-20 or C64 attached.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show#/media/File :The_Red_Green_
> Show
> jpg

He sure did. I think it was actually supposed to be some sort of fancy
computerized thing that he "produced" the show with. It disappeared in
later years. They are currently showing one of the seasons on the local
PBS network where he uses it. It sure looks like a VIC-20 to me.

There is one episode where he is tapping on the keys showing the different
visual affects he can create with it.

Mike


* SLMR 2.1a * No great scoundrel is ever uninteresting.
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392623 is a reply to message #392610] Wed, 01 April 2020 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: Adam Sampson

"J.B. Wood" <arl_123234@hotmail.com> writes:

> We gotta find out what that thing is.

Here's a good production still of the prop:
https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/red-green-show-harolds -instrument.306234/

So the panel's from an Ampex VR-1200 quad VTR:
https://www.cameratim.com/electronics/ampex-quad/vr1200-rest oration

And the keyboard's from a TEC terminal -- that page doesn't have the
exact one, but it matches the 1401/2401 keyboard in the manual on
Bitsavers.

--
Adam Sampson <ats@offog.org> <http://offog.org/>
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #392629 is a reply to message #392623] Wed, 01 April 2020 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Lake is currently offline  Tom Lake
Messages: 448
Registered: May 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 7:30:03 AM UTC-4, Adam Sampson wrote:
> "J.B. Wood" <arl_123234@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> We gotta find out what that thing is.
>
> Here's a good production still of the prop:
> https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/red-green-show-harolds -instrument.306234/
>
> So the panel's from an Ampex VR-1200 quad VTR:
> https://www.cameratim.com/electronics/ampex-quad/vr1200-rest oration
>
> And the keyboard's from a TEC terminal -- that page doesn't have the
> exact one, but it matches the 1401/2401 keyboard in the manual on
> Bitsavers.
>
> --
> Adam Sampson <ats@offog.org> <http://offog.org/>

Oh well, on TV and moving fast, I couldn't tell. That was a great series. It had over 300 episodes in 15 seasons!
Re: Commodore 64 Robot Guitar video [message #393137 is a reply to message #392600] Tue, 21 April 2020 02:53 Go to previous message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: nospam.Charles.Stephenson

On Apr 5th 6:02 pm Tom Lake said...
TL>
TL> I remember a Canadian TV show called The Red Green Show. Red's nephew
TL> Harold played an instrument that looked like it had a VIC-20 or C64
TL> attached.
TL>


I remember seeing a few episodes of that on a cable channel. I thought it was a
pretty funny show! I didn't know it was based in Canada. :)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New Multimedia BBS - TURBO56K Protocol
Next Topic: Modern instant-on systems
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Fri May 29 03:26:03 EDT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01641 seconds