Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Digital Archaeology » Computer Arcana » Commodore » Commodore 8-bit » Be Warned. The "New" C64.
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Be Warned. The "New" C64. [message #208316] Thu, 07 April 2011 22:00 Go to next message
Annoying Orange Genit is currently offline  Annoying Orange Genit
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2011
Karma: 0
Junior Member
...this is depressing - anybody spot the similarity here?



http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_VicPro.aspx



http://www.cybernetman.com/en/all-in-one-pc/Keyboard-pc/ZPC- GX31
Re: Be Warned. The "New" C64. [message #208322 is a reply to message #208316] Fri, 08 April 2011 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clocky is currently offline  Clocky
Messages: 1206
Registered: December 2011
Karma: 0
Senior Member
"Kulin Remailer" <remailer@reece.net.au> wrote in message
news:83AQMSVX40641.4171875@reece.net.au...
> ..this is depressing - anybody spot the similarity here?
>
>
>
> http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_VicPro.aspx
>
>
>
> http://www.cybernetman.com/en/all-in-one-pc/Keyboard-pc/ZPC- GX31
>
>

That has been brought up many a time.
Re: Be Warned. The "New" C64. [message #208330 is a reply to message #208322] Fri, 08 April 2011 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: Gomek

On Apr 8, 5:01 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> "Kulin Remailer" <remai...@reece.net.au> wrote in message
>
> news:83AQMSVX40641.4171875@reece.net.au...
>
>> ..this is depressing - anybody spot the similarity here?
>
>> http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_VicPro.aspx
>
>> http://www.cybernetman.com/en/all-in-one-pc/Keyboard-pc/ZPC- GX31
>
> That has been brought up many a time.

Of course, the technology allows us to build a perfect hybrid
system that's a true C-64 with the original circuitry and that of a
truly modern PC but the money's not in that unfortuently. Imagine
how nice it would be to have a computer that had a true 5 1/4 drive
that allowed you to upload all you old programs being that they still
work, the disks that is, and store them on a HD or what other media
you choose. I have shoe boxes full of old disks that I have in the
closet.
Re: Be Warned. The "New" C64. [message #208338 is a reply to message #208330] Sat, 09 April 2011 17:36 Go to previous message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith6079

On Apr 8, 5:29 pm, Gomek <yooperena...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 5:01 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
>
>> "Kulin Remailer" <remai...@reece.net.au> wrote in message
>
>> news:83AQMSVX40641.4171875@reece.net.au...
>
>>> ..this is depressing - anybody spot the similarity here?
>
>>> http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_VicPro.aspx
>
>>> http://www.cybernetman.com/en/all-in-one-pc/Keyboard-pc/ZPC- GX31
>
>> That has been brought up many a time.
>
>       Of course, the technology allows us to build a perfect hybrid
> system that's a true C-64 with the original circuitry and that of a
> truly modern PC but the money's not in that unfortuently.    Imagine
> how nice it would be to have a computer that had a true 5 1/4 drive
> that allowed you to upload all you old programs being that they still
> work, the disks that is, and store them on a HD or what other media
> you choose.   I have shoe boxes full of old disks that I have in the
> closet.

Hehe maybe a product like that would be better than this C64x. I'd
like to buy something actually GOOD, ya know hehehe
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Video Byte II software
Next Topic: FS: Eprommer 64b $30
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Fri Aug 07 11:43:09 EDT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01622 seconds