Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Sci-Fi/Fantasy » MST3K » LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #182765] Sun, 21 August 2011 13:27 Go to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: Paul Duca (tomservo56954@comcast.net)

I came across this short produced by the American Gas Association
and local utilities to promote gas appliances. Young Sally Gasco and
her mother prepare a special party meal..."tuna rarebit" on toast, in
their modern gas kitchen.

But wait...the daughter, mother and kitchen all played the same
roles in A DATE WITH YOUR FAMILY!


See for yourself!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZq3tPFsmFo&feature=relat ed

Paul Duca
Feeling more Supercharged than in a long while


"Emotions are for ETHNIC people"
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #182766 is a reply to message #182765] Mon, 22 August 2011 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Aug 21, 1:27 pm, "Paul Duca (tomservo56...@comcast.net)"
<tomservo56...@comcast.net> wrote:

Good to heard from you again, Mr. Duca!

>     I came across this short produced by the American Gas Association
> and local utilities to promote gas appliances. Young Sally Gasco and
> her mother prepare a special party meal..."tuna rarebit" on toast, in
> their modern gas kitchen.

I guess this is the sort of thing that would perpetuate civilization,
in the event of Global Thermonuclear War, or, of course, THE ROBOT
HOLOCAUST!

>     But wait...the daughter, mother and kitchen all played the same
> roles in A DATE WITH YOUR FAMILY!
>
> See for yourself!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZq3tPFsmFo&feature=relat ed

Thanks! D'you suppose that the "cokes" are actually Cokes, or are
they using it in the strange, generic way?

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
Who knew that MY LOCAL GAS COMPANY was so interested in my FOOD
CHOICES! So unlike THE PHONE COMPANY! ;-)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #182993 is a reply to message #182766] Wed, 24 August 2011 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judith is currently offline  Judith
Messages: 73
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Member
No Message Body
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183108 is a reply to message #182993] Thu, 25 August 2011 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Aug 24, 4:48 pm, Judith <J...@withouta.net> wrote, in a search for
recipe-mandated BEER:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZq3tPFsmFo&feature=relat ed
>
> Where's the beer????
>
> http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1815,153190-253200,00.html
>
> Oh wait, this is the '50's America...

and who keeps "stale ale" any more? I just wonder what the world was
like when that was the "big thing"....

Perhaps it was part of a RHYMING FOODSTUFF craze!

> Zombies can't plausibly be endowed with rich, complex inner lives.
>  -NY Times Book Review

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
almost tempted here to endow a zombie with a rich, complex inner
life, JUST FOR THE KICKS, THE KICKS, MAN! ;-)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183113 is a reply to message #183108] Sat, 27 August 2011 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: Paul Duca (tomservo56954@comcast.net)

On Aug 25, 2:53 pm, Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> On Aug 24, 4:48 pm, Judith <J...@withouta.net> wrote, in a search for
> recipe-mandated BEER:
>
>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZq3tPFsmFo&feature=relat ed
>
>> Where's the beer????
>
>> http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1815,153190-253200,00.html
>
>> Oh wait, this is the '50's America...
>
> and who keeps "stale ale" any more?  I

Try Pikes' Pale Ale...the Ale That Won for Yale.

Paul Duca

We're out--tell them they can go to....Harvard
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183223 is a reply to message #183113] Mon, 29 August 2011 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:30:04 -0700 (PDT), "Paul Duca
(tomservo56954@comcast.net)" <tomservo56954@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2:53 pm, Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu> wrote:
>> On Aug 24, 4:48 pm, Judith <J...@withouta.net> wrote, in a search for
>> recipe-mandated BEER:
>>
>>>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZq3tPFsmFo&feature=relat ed
>>
>>> Where's the beer????
>>
>>> http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1815,153190-253200,00.html
>>
>>> Oh wait, this is the '50's America...
>>
>> and who keeps "stale ale" any more?  I
>
> Try Pikes' Pale Ale...the Ale That Won for Yale.
>
> Paul Duca
>
> We're out--tell them they can go to....Harvard

Harvard ... are you sure that anyone looking for pale stale ale, in Yale,
wants to go to Harvard? With the Law Review? I respectfully request you
send those ... students ... to Delta Tau Chi.

Stephen Ratliff
Not on Double Secret Probation.
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183224 is a reply to message #183223] Wed, 31 August 2011 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Aug 29, 11:12 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:30:04 -0700 (PDT), "Paul Duca
>> We're out--tell them they can go to....Harvard
>
> Harvard ... are you sure that anyone looking for pale stale ale, in Yale,
> wants to go to Harvard?  With the Law Review?

Maybe the JOHN PHILLIP LAW REVIEW! Hey, has anyone done that as an
off-Broadway show?

> I respectfully request you send those ... students ... to Delta Tau Chi.

Or the SOUTHERN SUN! Anywhere, as long as there are RAILINGS!
Although, combining beer, ale, and railings might not be a good
idea.... Challenge: Remake Space Mutiny by redubbing its dialogue on
selected clips from Animal House. IT JUST MIGHT WORK! With the final
revelatory scene panning in on a wild-eyed JOHN BELUSHI, as Kalgan!

> Stephen Ratliff
> Not on Double Secret Probation.

Hmmm, how do you know? And does that level of secrecy imply that
whoever puts them on it, doesn't know, either?

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
constructing a Super Secret Probation applying to only those who
aren't on any probation at all!
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183225 is a reply to message #183224] Thu, 01 September 2011 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:31:26 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Aug 29, 11:12 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:30:04 -0700 (PDT), "Paul Duca
>>> We're out--tell them they can go to....Harvard
>>
>> Harvard ... are you sure that anyone looking for pale stale ale, in Yale,
>> wants to go to Harvard?  With the Law Review?
>
> Maybe the JOHN PHILLIP LAW REVIEW! Hey, has anyone done that as an
> off-Broadway show?

I don't think so, but if it was, the musical score would be a selection of
works by John Philip Sousa.

>
>> I respectfully request you send those ... students ... to Delta Tau Chi.
>
> Or the SOUTHERN SUN! Anywhere, as long as there are RAILINGS!
> Although, combining beer, ale, and railings might not be a good
> idea....

Railings are a good idea, reguardless.

> Challenge: Remake Space Mutiny by redubbing its dialogue on
> selected clips from Animal House. IT JUST MIGHT WORK! With the final
> revelatory scene panning in on a wild-eyed JOHN BELUSHI, as Kalgan!

I'll take inspired ideas for 200, Alex.

>> Stephen Ratliff
>> Not on Double Secret Probation.
>
> Hmmm, how do you know?

I have a double agent in the Dean's Office.

> And does that level of secrecy imply that
> whoever puts them on it, doesn't know, either?

Well, it really depends on how "secret" "Secret Probation" is. You see, if
you're on Secret Probation, it's know by the entire Joint Select Committee
on Intelligence.

> -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
> constructing a Super Secret Probation applying to only those who
> aren't on any probation at all!

I want to know who told Justice Scalia about that probation type.

Stephen Ratliff
who notes that the only real qualification for a Supreme Court Justice is
that the Senate is willing to confirm them.
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183226 is a reply to message #183225] Thu, 01 September 2011 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 1, 1:04 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:31:26 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>> Maybe the JOHN PHILLIP LAW REVIEW!  Hey, has anyone done that as an
>> off-Broadway show?
>
> I don't think so, but if it was, the musical score would be a selection of
> works by John Philip Sousa.

Play the "Liberty Bell March" and pretend it's SPAMALOT! The extended
"BARBARELLA" act will seem JUST NATURALLY SURREAL!

>>> I respectfully request you send those ... students ... to Delta Tau Chi.
>
>> Or the SOUTHERN SUN!  Anywhere, as long as there are RAILINGS!
>> Although, combining beer, ale, and railings might not be a good
>> idea....  
>
> Railings are a good idea, reguardless.

Ah, good for getting rid of guards, you mean. Good point!

>> Challenge:  Remake Space Mutiny by redubbing its dialogue on
>> selected clips from Animal House.  IT JUST MIGHT WORK!  With the final
>> revelatory scene panning in on a wild-eyed JOHN BELUSHI, as Kalgan!
>
> I'll take inspired ideas for 200, Alex.

It's DEATHMOBILE vs. DEATHMOBILE, in a battle to the DEATH! ;-)

>>> Stephen Ratliff
>>> Not on Double Secret Probation.
>
>> Hmmm, how do you know?  
>
> I have a double agent in the Dean's Office.

Make it Dean Devlin's office, and we're at CITY LIMITS! I wonder how
Robby Benson would fare against the DEATHMOBILE!

>> And does that level of secrecy imply that
>> whoever puts them on it, doesn't know, either?
>
> Well, it really depends on how "secret" "Secret Probation" is.  You see, if
> you're on Secret Probation, it's know by the entire Joint Select Committee
> on Intelligence.

Somewhere around here I would expect a visit from the OXYMORONIC
SQUAD....

>>   constructing a Super Secret Probation applying to only those who
>> aren't on any probation at all!
>
> I want to know who told Justice Scalia about that probation type.
>
> Stephen Ratliff
> who notes that the only real qualification for a Supreme Court Justice is
> that the Senate is willing to confirm them.

Thus establishing that Final Justice is just the last justice
confirmed. That whole Malta thing was just a thinly disguised
PROMOTIONAL project, produced by GOOSIO in cooperation with THE
FELONIOUS MONK!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu) :-)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183227 is a reply to message #183226] Sun, 04 September 2011 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 1, 1:04 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:31:26 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Maybe the JOHN PHILLIP LAW REVIEW!  Hey, has anyone done that as an
>>> off-Broadway show?
>>
>> I don't think so, but if it was, the musical score would be a selection of
>> works by John Philip Sousa.
>
> Play the "Liberty Bell March" and pretend it's SPAMALOT! The extended
> "BARBARELLA" act will seem JUST NATURALLY SURREAL!

Just wait until it shifts into the "Washington Post March"

>>>> I respectfully request you send those ... students ... to Delta Tau Chi.
>>
>>> Or the SOUTHERN SUN!  Anywhere, as long as there are RAILINGS!
>>> Although, combining beer, ale, and railings might not be a good
>>> idea....  
>>
>> Railings are a good idea, reguardless.
>
> Ah, good for getting rid of guards, you mean. Good point!

Well, you see we had to do something. All those red shirts, you know. They
just don't stay around long enough for us to keep up with proper staffing,
and someplace has to suffer as a result.

>>> Challenge:  Remake Space Mutiny by redubbing its dialogue on
>>> selected clips from Animal House.  IT JUST MIGHT WORK!  With the final
>>> revelatory scene panning in on a wild-eyed JOHN BELUSHI, as Kalgan!
>>
>> I'll take inspired ideas for 200, Alex.
>
> It's DEATHMOBILE vs. DEATHMOBILE, in a battle to the DEATH! ;-)

Please tell me you didn't buy the Pinto or the Yugo. They're just not safe
....

>>>> Stephen Ratliff
>>>> Not on Double Secret Probation.
>>
>>> Hmmm, how do you know?  
>>
>> I have a double agent in the Dean's Office.
>
> Make it Dean Devlin's office, and we're at CITY LIMITS! I wonder how
> Robby Benson would fare against the DEATHMOBILE!

Given what certain students usually drive ... is there a difference?

>>> And does that level of secrecy imply that
>>> whoever puts them on it, doesn't know, either?
>>
>> Well, it really depends on how "secret" "Secret Probation" is.  You see, if
>> you're on Secret Probation, it's know by the entire Joint Select Committee
>> on Intelligence.
>
> Somewhere around here I would expect a visit from the OXYMORONIC
> SQUAD....

If you really want them, please contact the Department of Reduncancy
Department. Please note that we cleaned off the OXY in the name.

>>>   constructing a Super Secret Probation applying to only those who
>>> aren't on any probation at all!
>>
>> I want to know who told Justice Scalia about that probation type.
>>
>> Stephen Ratliff
>> who notes that the only real qualification for a Supreme Court Justice is
>> that the Senate is willing to confirm them.
>
> Thus establishing that Final Justice is just the last justice
> confirmed.

That would be Justice Kagan.

> That whole Malta thing was just a thinly disguised
> PROMOTIONAL project, produced by GOOSIO in cooperation with THE
> FELONIOUS MONK!

Promotional pictures are for example only. Your Maltese item may not look
exactly like those pictured. Only available in alabaster, white, blanco,
snow, ivory, and bleached. Currently sold out of all avian objects. Your
order may be substituted with another item of our choice. Batteries not
included. Void where prohibited by law. Residents of ND must add a 3.14%
sales tax.

Stephen Ratliff
Are Squared
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183353 is a reply to message #183227] Fri, 09 September 2011 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 4, 2:57 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 1, 1:04 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:31:26 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>> wrote:
>>>> Maybe the JOHN PHILLIP LAW REVIEW!  Hey, has anyone done that as an
>>>> off-Broadway show?
>
>>> I don't think so, but if it was, the musical score would be a selection of
>>> works by John Philip Sousa.
>
>> Play the "Liberty Bell March" and pretend it's SPAMALOT!  The extended
>> "BARBARELLA" act will seem JUST NATURALLY SURREAL!
>
> Just wait until it shifts into the "Washington Post March"

Otherwise known as the Cherry Blossom Festival? :-)

>>>> > I respectfully request you send those ... students ... to Delta Tau Chi.
>
>>>> Or the SOUTHERN SUN!  Anywhere, as long as there are RAILINGS!
>>>> Although, combining beer, ale, and railings might not be a good
>>>> idea....  
>
>>> Railings are a good idea, reguardless.
>
>> Ah, good for getting rid of guards, you mean.  Good point!
>
> Well, you see we had to do something.  All those red shirts, you know. They
> just don't stay around long enough for us to keep up with proper staffing,
> and someplace has to suffer as a result.

I'm just wondering if staffing is the Middle Earth equivalent of
caning. Hmmm.

>>>> Challenge:  Remake Space Mutiny by redubbing its dialogue on
>>>> selected clips from Animal House.  IT JUST MIGHT WORK!  With the final
>>>> revelatory scene panning in on a wild-eyed JOHN BELUSHI, as Kalgan!
>
>>> I'll take inspired ideas for 200, Alex.
>
>> It's DEATHMOBILE vs. DEATHMOBILE, in a battle to the DEATH! ;-)
>
> Please tell me you didn't buy the Pinto or the Yugo.  They're just not safe

Tell it to Laurence Olivier!

>>>> > Stephen Ratliff
>>>> > Not on Double Secret Probation.
>
>>>> Hmmm, how do you know?  
>
>>> I have a double agent in the Dean's Office.
>
>> Make it Dean Devlin's office, and we're at CITY LIMITS!  I wonder how
>> Robby Benson would fare against the DEATHMOBILE!
>
> Given what certain students usually drive ... is there a difference?

I took the Robby Benson less traveled by, and that has made all the
difference!

>>>> And does that level of secrecy imply that
>>>> whoever puts them on it, doesn't know, either?
>
>>> Well, it really depends on how "secret" "Secret Probation" is.  You see, if
>>> you're on Secret Probation, it's know by the entire Joint Select Committee
>>> on Intelligence.
>
>> Somewhere around here I would expect a visit from the OXYMORONIC
>> SQUAD....
>
> If you really want them, please contact the Department of Reduncancy
> Department.  Please note that we cleaned off the OXY in the name.

With OXY-CLEAN naturally! You're Billy Mays, and I claim my five
dollars!

>>>>   constructing a Super Secret Probation applying to only those who
>>>> aren't on any probation at all!
>
>>> I want to know who told Justice Scalia about that probation type.
>
>>> Stephen Ratliff
>>> who notes that the only real qualification for a Supreme Court Justice is
>>> that the Senate is willing to confirm them.
>
>> Thus establishing that Final Justice is just the last justice
>> confirmed.  
>
> That would be Justice Kagan.

So, he's sentencing himself, then! Truly, Smokey *IS* the Bandit! ;-)

>> That whole Malta thing was just a thinly disguised
>> PROMOTIONAL project, produced by GOOSIO in cooperation with THE
>> FELONIOUS MONK!
>
> Promotional pictures are for example only.  Your Maltese item may not look
> exactly like those pictured.  Only available in alabaster, white, blanco,
> snow, ivory, and bleached.  Currently sold out of all avian objects.  Your
> order may be substituted with another item of our choice.  Batteries not
> included.  Void where prohibited by law.  Residents of ND must add a 3.14%
> sales tax.

But can I drink MALTED MILK out my souvenir Maltese Mug?  

> Stephen Ratliff
> Are Squared

You'll be very a-squared when you see PYTHAGORAS vs. THE IRRATIONALS!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu) :-)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH [message #183361 is a reply to message #183353] Sun, 11 September 2011 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2:57 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 1, 1:04 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>> wrote:
>>>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:31:26 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >Maybe the JOHN PHILLIP LAW REVIEW!  Hey, has anyone done that as an
>>>> >off-Broadway show?
>>
>>>> I don't think so, but if it was, the musical score would be a selection of
>>>> works by John Philip Sousa.
>>
>>> Play the "Liberty Bell March" and pretend it's SPAMALOT!  The extended
>>> "BARBARELLA" act will seem JUST NATURALLY SURREAL!
>>
>> Just wait until it shifts into the "Washington Post March"
>
> Otherwise known as the Cherry Blossom Festival? :-)

Which I shall leave on the Orange Blossom Special.

>>>> >> I respectfully request you send those ... students ... to Delta Tau Chi.
>>
>>>> >Or the SOUTHERN SUN!  Anywhere, as long as there are RAILINGS!
>>>> >Although, combining beer, ale, and railings might not be a good
>>>> >idea....  
>>
>>>> Railings are a good idea, reguardless.
>>
>>> Ah, good for getting rid of guards, you mean.  Good point!
>>
>> Well, you see we had to do something.  All those red shirts, you know. They
>> just don't stay around long enough for us to keep up with proper staffing,
>> and someplace has to suffer as a result.
>
> I'm just wondering if staffing is the Middle Earth equivalent of
> caning. Hmmm.

Only if you're a human using a halfling's staff.

Of course, here at Middle Earth, Inc, we believe that staffing is all
important. It will continue until moral improves.

>>>> >Challenge:  Remake Space Mutiny by redubbing its dialogue on
>>>> >selected clips from Animal House.  IT JUST MIGHT WORK!  With the final
>>>> >revelatory scene panning in on a wild-eyed JOHN BELUSHI, as Kalgan!
>>
>>>> I'll take inspired ideas for 200, Alex.
>>
>>> It's DEATHMOBILE vs. DEATHMOBILE, in a battle to the DEATH! ;-)
>>
>> Please tell me you didn't buy the Pinto or the Yugo.  They're just not safe
>
> Tell it to Laurence Olivier!

Amadeus

>>>> >> Stephen Ratliff
>>>> >> Not on Double Secret Probation.
>>
>>>> >Hmmm, how do you know?  
>>
>>>> I have a double agent in the Dean's Office.
>>
>>> Make it Dean Devlin's office, and we're at CITY LIMITS!  I wonder how
>>> Robby Benson would fare against the DEATHMOBILE!
>>
>> Given what certain students usually drive ... is there a difference?
>
> I took the Robby Benson less traveled by, and that has made all the
> difference!

Jumped off Tallahatchie Bridge, did you?

>>>> >And does that level of secrecy imply that
>>>> >whoever puts them on it, doesn't know, either?
>>
>>>> Well, it really depends on how "secret" "Secret Probation" is.  You see, if
>>>> you're on Secret Probation, it's know by the entire Joint Select Committee
>>>> on Intelligence.
>>
>>> Somewhere around here I would expect a visit from the OXYMORONIC
>>> SQUAD....
>>
>> If you really want them, please contact the Department of Reduncancy
>> Department.  Please note that we cleaned off the OXY in the name.
>
> With OXY-CLEAN naturally! You're Billy Mays, and I claim my five
> dollars!

Isn't that how much Bloody Mary sells grass skirts for?

>>>> >   constructing a Super Secret Probation applying to only those who
>>>> >aren't on any probation at all!
>>
>>>> I want to know who told Justice Scalia about that probation type.
>>
>>>> Stephen Ratliff
>>>> who notes that the only real qualification for a Supreme Court Justice is
>>>> that the Senate is willing to confirm them.
>>
>>> Thus establishing that Final Justice is just the last justice
>>> confirmed.  
>>
>> That would be Justice Kagan.
>
> So, he's sentencing himself, then! Truly, Smokey *IS* the Bandit! ;-)

I'm not quite sure about that... but he made out like one with those Forest
Service Commercials.

>>> That whole Malta thing was just a thinly disguised
>>> PROMOTIONAL project, produced by GOOSIO in cooperation with THE
>>> FELONIOUS MONK!
>>
>> Promotional pictures are for example only.  Your Maltese item may not look
>> exactly like those pictured.  Only available in alabaster, white, blanco,
>> snow, ivory, and bleached.  Currently sold out of all avian objects.  Your
>> order may be substituted with another item of our choice.  Batteries not
>> included.  Void where prohibited by law.  Residents of ND must add a 3.14%
>> sales tax.
>
> But can I drink MALTED MILK out my souvenir Maltese Mug?  

Souvenir Maltese Mugs are for display only. Do not drink out of your
Maltese Mug. Drinking milk out of a Maltese Mug may cause severe
gastro-intestinal distress. In rare cases, three out of two, milk poured
out of Maltese Mugs has caused chemical burns. Do not inhale the vapors
from your malted milk filled Maltese Mug. Vapors have been known to
vaporize synthetic cloth. Do not poor cola in your Maltese Mug, as it has
resulted in orbital misplacement.

>> Stephen Ratliff
>> Are Squared
>
> You'll be very a-squared when you see PYTHAGORAS vs. THE IRRATIONALS!

Pythagoras ... that theoretician? If he's you're offense, or even defense
.... you're screwed.

Stephen Ratliff
at Thermopylae
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (Flower centerpiece fork) [message #183362 is a reply to message #183361] Tue, 13 September 2011 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>> On Sep 4, 2:57 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>> Just wait until it shifts into the "Washington Post March"
>
>> Otherwise known as the Cherry Blossom Festival? :-)
>
> Which I shall leave on the Orange Blossom Special.

Which is bringing your baby back! (Doorbell) It's Merlin Olsen with
your Baby-in-A-Basket Bouquet!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (SUBSTANDARD COLA FORK) [message #183484 is a reply to message #183361] Fri, 16 September 2011 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>> But can I drink MALTED MILK out my souvenir Maltese Mug?  
>
> Souvenir Maltese Mugs are for display only.  Do not drink out of your
> Maltese Mug.  Drinking milk out of a Maltese Mug may cause severe
> gastro-intestinal distress.  In rare cases, three out of two, milk poured
> out of Maltese Mugs has caused chemical burns.  Do not inhale the vapors
> from your malted milk filled Maltese Mug.  Vapors have been known to
> vaporize synthetic cloth.  Do not poor cola in your Maltese Mug, as it has
> resulted in orbital misplacement.

I almost suffered orbital misplacement when I saw the poor cola! If I
had a drinkworthy Maltese Mug, you can bet that I'd only consume
AVERAGE-OR-ABOVE-AVERAGE COLAS out of it. Or Dr Pepper ;-)

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (Flower centerpiece fork) [message #183486 is a reply to message #183362] Tue, 20 September 2011 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:08:05 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>> On Sep 4, 2:57 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>>> Just wait until it shifts into the "Washington Post March"
>>
>>> Otherwise known as the Cherry Blossom Festival? :-)
>>
>> Which I shall leave on the Orange Blossom Special.
>
> Which is bringing your baby back! (Doorbell) It's Merlin Olsen with
> your Baby-in-A-Basket Bouquet!
>

Is it a green and yellow basket?

Stephen
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (SUBSTANDARD COLA FORK) [message #183487 is a reply to message #183484] Tue, 20 September 2011 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:24:47 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> But can I drink MALTED MILK out my souvenir Maltese Mug?  
>>
>> Souvenir Maltese Mugs are for display only.  Do not drink out of your
>> Maltese Mug.  Drinking milk out of a Maltese Mug may cause severe
>> gastro-intestinal distress.  In rare cases, three out of two, milk poured
>> out of Maltese Mugs has caused chemical burns.  Do not inhale the vapors
>> from your malted milk filled Maltese Mug.  Vapors have been known to
>> vaporize synthetic cloth.  Do not poor cola in your Maltese Mug, as it has
>> resulted in orbital misplacement.
>
> I almost suffered orbital misplacement when I saw the poor cola! If I
> had a drinkworthy Maltese Mug, you can bet that I'd only consume
> AVERAGE-OR-ABOVE-AVERAGE COLAS out of it. Or Dr Pepper ;-)

I'm sorry to say but you will not be getting an AVERAGE-OR-ABOVE-AVERAGE
COLA this year ... or even next year. The Social Security Administration
beleives that we are currently living under low inflationary to
deflationary presures.

Stephen
will you still feed me when I'm 64?
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (Flower centerpiece fork) [message #183488 is a reply to message #183486] Thu, 22 September 2011 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 20, 10:41 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:08:05 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>> On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>> wrote:
>>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>> wrote:
>
>>>> On Sep 4, 2:57 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>>> > Just wait until it shifts into the "Washington Post March"
>
>>>> Otherwise known as the Cherry Blossom Festival? :-)
>
>>> Which I shall leave on the Orange Blossom Special.
>
>> Which is bringing your baby back!  (Doorbell) It's Merlin Olsen with
>> your Baby-in-A-Basket Bouquet!
>
> Is it a green and yellow basket?

Well, I'm thinking that would clash with the *baby*... BUT YOU'RE IN
LUCK! Because Merlin Olsen likes the cut of your jib, we're offering
you, at no additional charge, an upgrade to _Hulk Baby_ (for the
HBIAGAYBB)!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (SUBSTANDARD COLA FORK) [message #183489 is a reply to message #183487] Thu, 22 September 2011 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 20, 10:45 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:24:47 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>> On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>> wrote:
>>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>> wrote:
>>>> But can I drink MALTED MILK out my souvenir Maltese Mug?  
>
>>> Souvenir Maltese Mugs are for display only.  Do not drink out of your
>>> Maltese Mug.  Drinking milk out of a Maltese Mug may cause severe
>>> gastro-intestinal distress.  In rare cases, three out of two, milk poured
>>> out of Maltese Mugs has caused chemical burns.  Do not inhale the vapors
>>> from your malted milk filled Maltese Mug.  Vapors have been known to
>>> vaporize synthetic cloth.  Do not poor cola in your Maltese Mug, as it has
>>> resulted in orbital misplacement.
>
>> I almost suffered orbital misplacement when I saw the poor cola!  If I
>> had a drinkworthy Maltese Mug, you can bet that I'd only consume
>> AVERAGE-OR-ABOVE-AVERAGE COLAS out of it.  Or Dr Pepper ;-)
>
> I'm sorry to say but you will not be getting an AVERAGE-OR-ABOVE-AVERAGE
> COLA this year ... or even next year.  The Social Security Administration
> beleives that we are currently living under low inflationary to
> deflationary presures.

Who knew that carbonated beverages were the key to INFLATION?

> Stephen
> will you still feed me when I'm 64?

Wait a couple of years, and you can have some Route 66 Root Beer!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
Currently enjoying Triple XXX Root Beer (see <http://
www.triplexxxrootbeer.com/>)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (Flower centerpiece fork) [message #183490 is a reply to message #183488] Sat, 24 September 2011 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:25:18 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 20, 10:41 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:08:05 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:

>>> On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>> wrote:
>>>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>>> wrote:
>>
>>>> >On Sep 4, 2:57 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>>> >> Just wait until it shifts into the "Washington Post March"
>>
>>>> >Otherwise known as the Cherry Blossom Festival? :-)
>>
>>>> Which I shall leave on the Orange Blossom Special.
>>
>>> Which is bringing your baby back!  (Doorbell) It's Merlin Olsen with
>>> your Baby-in-A-Basket Bouquet!
>>
>> Is it a green and yellow basket?
>
> Well, I'm thinking that would clash with the *baby*... BUT YOU'RE IN
> LUCK! Because Merlin Olsen likes the cut of your jib, we're offering
> you, at no additional charge, an upgrade to _Hulk Baby_ (for the
> HBIAGAYBB)!

sorry, but that _Hulk Baby_ clashes with the basket. To say nothing about
the baby's breath ... flowers, not ... oh not the Immitation Crystal Vase
from Lisbon.

> -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
> NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!

Nothing went wrong. I assure you that everything is and has been perfectly
under control. The scene of distruction, including the remains of the
Taubman Museum of Art is entirely from stock footage. Nothing could have
possibly went wrong. It's not like a hoard of Vikings have just arrived or
anything like that.

Stephen Ratliff
Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (SUBSTANDARD COLA FORK) [message #183610 is a reply to message #183489] Sat, 24 September 2011 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:32:12 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 20, 10:45 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:24:47 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> On Sep 11, 4:25 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>> wrote:
>>>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >But can I drink MALTED MILK out my souvenir Maltese Mug?  
>>
>>>> Souvenir Maltese Mugs are for display only.  Do not drink out of your
>>>> Maltese Mug.  Drinking milk out of a Maltese Mug may cause severe
>>>> gastro-intestinal distress.  In rare cases, three out of two, milk poured
>>>> out of Maltese Mugs has caused chemical burns.  Do not inhale the vapors
>>>> from your malted milk filled Maltese Mug.  Vapors have been known to
>>>> vaporize synthetic cloth.  Do not poor cola in your Maltese Mug, as it has
>>>> resulted in orbital misplacement.
>>
>>> I almost suffered orbital misplacement when I saw the poor cola!  If I
>>> had a drinkworthy Maltese Mug, you can bet that I'd only consume
>>> AVERAGE-OR-ABOVE-AVERAGE COLAS out of it.  Or Dr Pepper ;-)
>>
>> I'm sorry to say but you will not be getting an AVERAGE-OR-ABOVE-AVERAGE
>> COLA this year ... or even next year.  The Social Security Administration
>> beleives that we are currently living under low inflationary to
>> deflationary presures.
>
> Who knew that carbonated beverages were the key to INFLATION?

Well, judging from the price of them in the vending machine...

>> Stephen
>> will you still feed me when I'm 64?
>
> Wait a couple of years, and you can have some Route 66 Root Beer!

And wear the pants.

> -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
> Currently enjoying Triple XXX Root Beer (see <http://
> www.triplexxxrootbeer.com/>)

Stephen Ratliff
enjoying some IBC Root Beer. It was on special.
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (MEAL REUNIFICATION DE-FORK) [message #183611 is a reply to message #183610] Mon, 26 September 2011 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 24, 2:12 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:32:12 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>> Who knew that carbonated beverages were the key to INFLATION?
>
> Well, judging from the price of them in the vending machine...

HULK BABY is the key to beating today's high machine-vended prices!
When HULK BABY sees an item he/she/it wants, he/she/it SMASHES that
vending machine, and frequently the item, too!

>>> Stephen
>>> will you still feed me when I'm 64?
>
>> Wait a couple of years, and you can have some Route 66 Root Beer!
>
> And wear the pants.

Good luck getting them off HULK BABY! And I think you're really
needing to do that *soon*....

>> -Doug Elrod (d...@cornell.edu)
>>  Currently enjoying Triple XXX Root Beer (see <http://
>> www.triplexxxrootbeer.com/>)
>
> Stephen Ratliff
> enjoying some IBC Root Beer.  It was on special.

I hope you're sharing it with the Vikings! They enjoy it... WITH
SPAM!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu) ;-)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (MEAL REUNIFICATION DE-FORK) [message #183612 is a reply to message #183611] Fri, 30 September 2011 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:50:07 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2:12 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:32:12 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Who knew that carbonated beverages were the key to INFLATION?
>>
>> Well, judging from the price of them in the vending machine...
>
> HULK BABY is the key to beating today's high machine-vended prices!
> When HULK BABY sees an item he/she/it wants, he/she/it SMASHES that
> vending machine, and frequently the item, too!

HULK BABY explains the rising price of items in the vending machin.

>>>> Stephen
>>>> will you still feed me when I'm 64?
>>
>>> Wait a couple of years, and you can have some Route 66 Root Beer!
>>
>> And wear the pants.
>
> Good luck getting them off HULK BABY! And I think you're really
> needing to do that *soon*....

HULK BABY needs changing frequently, like politicians, for the same
reasons.

>>> -Doug Elrod (d...@cornell.edu)
>>>  Currently enjoying Triple XXX Root Beer (see <http://
>>> www.triplexxxrootbeer.com/>)
>>
>> Stephen Ratliff
>> enjoying some IBC Root Beer.  It was on special.
>
> I hope you're sharing it with the Vikings! They enjoy it... WITH
> SPAM!

The Vikings were most upseat with what was in my wallet. I had to share.
Fortunately they chipped in to buy more. I already had enough SPAM in
stock.

Stephen Ratliff
who notes that Root Beer is like the Federation.
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (M.A.F.P.?) [message #183615 is a reply to message #183612] Wed, 05 October 2011 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Sep 30, 10:56 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:50:07 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 24, 2:12 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>> wrote:
>>> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:32:12 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>>>  Currently enjoying Triple XXX Root Beer (see <http://
>>>> www.triplexxxrootbeer.com/>)
>
>>> Stephen Ratliff
>>> enjoying some IBC Root Beer.  It was on special.
>
>> I hope you're sharing it with the Vikings!  They enjoy it... WITH
>> SPAM!
>
> The Vikings were most upseat with what was in my wallet.  I had to share.
> Fortunately they chipped in to buy more.

And so entered the world of NEUROMANCER!

> I already had enough SPAM in stock.

But does it beat stock in SPAM? Hmmm....

> Stephen Ratliff
> who notes that Root Beer is like the Federation.

Ah yes, that was the key to the whole thing, wasn't it? If it weren't
for that, *she* might have had a bit more "tribble" with HULK BABY.
But maybe I'm saying too much....

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
Perhaps much too much! :-)
Re: LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH (M.A.F.P.?) [message #183618 is a reply to message #183615] Sat, 08 October 2011 23:23 Go to previous message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:19:14 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <dre1@cornell.edu>
wrote:

> On Sep 30, 10:56 pm, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:50:07 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 24, 2:12 am, Stephen aka Old Man ASC <step...@trekiverse.us>
>>> wrote:
>>>> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:32:12 -0700 (PDT), Doug Elrod <d...@cornell.edu>
>>>> >  Currently enjoying Triple XXX Root Beer (see <http://
>>>> >www.triplexxxrootbeer.com/>)
>>
>>>> Stephen Ratliff
>>>> enjoying some IBC Root Beer.  It was on special.
>>
>>> I hope you're sharing it with the Vikings!  They enjoy it... WITH
>>> SPAM!
>>
>> The Vikings were most upseat with what was in my wallet.  I had to share.
>> Fortunately they chipped in to buy more.
>
> And so entered the world of NEUROMANCER!

And I so wish that I could someday have a debut novel that gets a Hugo,
Nebula, and Dick Award.

>> I already had enough SPAM in stock.
>
> But does it beat stock in SPAM? Hmmm....

As SPAM is made by Hormel, I can say that as of shortly before this
posting, one share of HRL is $28.17

>> Stephen Ratliff
>> who notes that Root Beer is like the Federation.
>
> Ah yes, that was the key to the whole thing, wasn't it? If it weren't
> for that, *she* might have had a bit more "tribble" with HULK BABY.
> But maybe I'm saying too much....

*HRH Marrissa Amber Flores Picard, Princess of Halifax, sweeps in from the
wings.

"There are no tribbles at all. Alexander's maternal grandfather
participated in the Great Tribble Hunt, and had the honor of killing the
last Tribble. As for HULK BABY, I hired him for security on my ship."


> -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
> Perhaps much too much! :-)

Perhaps

Stephen Ratliff
who won't be able to get rid of *her* until he comes up with a scene where
*she* gets into trouble.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mr. B- Dead of Natural Causes
Next Topic: Got my Cinematic Titanic Manhattan ticket
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Wed Dec 02 07:56:21 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03138 seconds