Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Sci-Fi/Fantasy » MST3K » Happy Birthday, Marrissa Picard!
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Happy Birthday, Marrissa Picard! [message #182385] Tue, 26 July 2011 02:48 Go to next message
nebusj- is currently offline  nebusj-
Messages: 595
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
There would never have been MiSTings if not for you. On this
day when you do not quite exist yet, let's all pause to thank you for
being part of our lives.

Also, thanks to Stephen Ratliff for being unlike anyone else.

--
Joseph Nebus
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------
Re: Happy Birthday, Marrissa Picard! [message #182391 is a reply to message #182385] Sat, 30 July 2011 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 06:48:12 +0000 (UTC), nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus)
wrote:

> There would never have been MiSTings if not for you. On this
> day when you do not quite exist yet, let's all pause to thank you for
> being part of our lives.

According to the data file, Marrissa will be born July 26, 2358, making
this year her negative 347th birthday.

>
> Also, thanks to Stephen Ratliff for being unlike anyone else.

Now I can't be that unique. Though ...

In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million
Earth-type planets. And, in all the universe, three million million
galaxies like this. And in all of that – and perhaps more – only one of
each of us - Dr. McCoy, ST: TOS "Balance of Terror"

Stephen Ratliff
Re: Happy Birthday, Marrissa Picard! [message #182509 is a reply to message #182391] Sun, 31 July 2011 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nebusj- is currently offline  nebusj-
Messages: 595
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
In <cot837t9t8j59orb03jmmqr9v0o7223bb2@4ax.com> Stephen aka Old Man ASC <stephen@trekiverse.us> writes:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 06:48:12 +0000 (UTC), nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus)
> wrote:

>> There would never have been MiSTings if not for you. On this
>> day when you do not quite exist yet, let's all pause to thank you for
>> being part of our lives.

> According to the data file, Marrissa will be born July 26, 2358, making
> this year her negative 347th birthday.

I somehow feel like I keep working out the year and then never
manage to remember it or keep it straight. Since it doesn't change and
is reasonably semicanonical you'd think I wouldn't have such trouble,
but I'm a mathematics PhD and therefore can't be expected to do tricky
stuff like arithmetic.


>>
>> Also, thanks to Stephen Ratliff for being unlike anyone else.

> Now I can't be that unique. Though ...

> In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million
> Earth-type planets. And, in all the universe, three million million
> galaxies like this. And in all of that -- and perhaps more -- only one of
> each of us - Dr. McCoy, ST: TOS "Balance of Terror"

Nah, everybody's unique, just like everybody else. It's key
to the theory of language, if I'm not mistaken.

--
Joseph Nebus
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------
Re: Happy Birthday, Marrissa Picard! [message #182515 is a reply to message #182509] Tue, 02 August 2011 01:51 Go to previous message
Stephen aka Old Man A is currently offline  Stephen aka Old Man A
Messages: 20
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:30:03 +0000 (UTC), nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus)
wrote:

> In <cot837t9t8j59orb03jmmqr9v0o7223bb2@4ax.com> Stephen aka Old Man ASC <stephen@trekiverse.us> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 06:48:12 +0000 (UTC), nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus)
>> wrote:
>
>>> There would never have been MiSTings if not for you. On this
>>> day when you do not quite exist yet, let's all pause to thank you for
>>> being part of our lives.
>
>> According to the data file, Marrissa will be born July 26, 2358, making
>> this year her negative 347th birthday.
>
> I somehow feel like I keep working out the year and then never
> manage to remember it or keep it straight. Since it doesn't change and
> is reasonably semicanonical you'd think I wouldn't have such trouble,
> but I'm a mathematics PhD and therefore can't be expected to do tricky
> stuff like arithmetic.

My degree is a BS in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in
Computer Science and English. So I can't be expected to do tricky things
like spell correctly. As for Marrissa's age ... I have a spread sheet.


>>>
>>> Also, thanks to Stephen Ratliff for being unlike anyone else.
>
>> Now I can't be that unique. Though ...
>
>> In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million
>> Earth-type planets. And, in all the universe, three million million
>> galaxies like this. And in all of that -- and perhaps more -- only one of
>> each of us - Dr. McCoy, ST: TOS "Balance of Terror"
>
> Nah, everybody's unique, just like everybody else. It's key
> to the theory of language, if I'm not mistaken.

Fortunately, I avoided that in my English Concentration. (Which, to tell
the truth was actually mostly composed with Creative Fiction Writing
courses)

Stephen Ratliff
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Riff of the day: _Agent Action_, William Blair
Next Topic: Riff of the Day: _Enterprized_, Stephen Ratliff
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Thu Dec 09 02:45:23 EST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00756 seconds