Megalextoria
Retro computing and gaming, sci-fi books, tv and movies and other geeky stuff.

Home » Sci-Fi/Fantasy » MST3K » RIP Bill Livingston
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
RIP Bill Livingston [message #179605] Fri, 19 March 2010 16:49 Go to next message
Bookworm is currently offline  Bookworm
Messages: 9
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433

Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.

--------
Bookworm
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179719 is a reply to message #179605] Fri, 19 March 2010 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Falcon is currently offline  Jonah Falcon
Messages: 213
Registered: August 2003
Karma: 0
Senior Member
"Bookworm" <bookworm1225@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0dd9678-d07e-4dfe-9e46-da8f9e1287f8@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.

The fuck?!
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179720 is a reply to message #179605] Fri, 19 March 2010 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Falcon is currently offline  Jonah Falcon
Messages: 213
Registered: August 2003
Karma: 0
Senior Member
I guess this was his last post on RATMM, at least in a Google Groups search:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc/browse _thread/thread/79fc56dcb3c86246/dfca7c347b9f07f8#dfca7c347b9 f07f8
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179721 is a reply to message #179605] Fri, 19 March 2010 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris \&quot;Sampo\&amp;q is currently offline  Chris \&quot;Sampo\&amp;q
Messages: 46
Registered: November 2012
Karma: 0
Member
In article
<e0dd9678-d07e-4dfe-9e46-da8f9e1287f8@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Bookworm <bookworm1225@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william-f-living
> ston-bill&pid=140760433
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

RIP, Bill. Guess Heaven needed a little more funny.

Sampo (this royally sucks)
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179722 is a reply to message #179605] Fri, 19 March 2010 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nebusj- is currently offline  nebusj-
Messages: 571
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
Bookworm <bookworm1225@gmail.com> writes:

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433

> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.

Oh, no. No, that's just not right.

--
Joseph Nebus
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179723 is a reply to message #179605] Fri, 19 March 2010 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reaper G is currently offline  Reaper G
Messages: 39
Registered: November 2012
Karma: 0
Member
On Mar 19, 1:49�pm, Bookworm <bookworm1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william....
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. �I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

As another RATMM legend would say, fuck.

I regret never having the chance to meet him. He was a funny, friendly
guy, and he'll be missed.

Jay

--
Reaper G
Pest, Foodie, MSTie, G-fan, Wrestlemaniac, and geek-at-large
http://reaper_g.livejournal.com
http://www.giantmonstermovies.com
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179725 is a reply to message #179605] Sat, 20 March 2010 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freezer is currently offline  Freezer
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Member
If I don't reply to this Bookworm post, the terrorists win.

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=w
> illiam-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

Bill was one of the guys that got me into MSTing and one of the
guys I took style pointers from. He will be missed.

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer
http://freezer818.livejournal.com/
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179726 is a reply to message #179605] Sat, 20 March 2010 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: Rob

On Mar 19, 2:49 pm, Bookworm <bookworm1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william....
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this.  I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

God fucking dammit.

Robert Fontenot
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179727 is a reply to message #179722] Sat, 20 March 2010 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judith is currently offline  Judith
Messages: 73
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Member
In article <nebusj.1269051049@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu>,
nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> Bookworm <bookworm1225@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william-f-livin
>> gston-bill&pid=140760433
>
>> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> Oh, no. No, that's just not right.

No it just isn't. I treasured his posts in RATMM since I first started
reading it in 1994. He was incredibly funny and obviously a very nice
guy whom some of you were lucky enough to meet in person. What a
tragedy.

We can keep his memory alive by reading what he wrote. Joe has a bunch
of his MSTings on his website (Joe, please supply your URL). Maybe some
of you can compile a list of other sites where Bill posted his work.
Read him, won't you? You'll have a great time.

Judith
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179728 is a reply to message #179721] Sat, 20 March 2010 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Elrod is currently offline  Doug Elrod
Messages: 402
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
On Mar 19, 6:55 pm, "Chris \"Sampo\" Cornell" <msa...@aol.com> wrote:
> RIP, Bill. Guess Heaven needed a little more funny.

Indeed! I imagine that if St. Peter attempts a "Bill Livingston, I
presume....", Bill will reply with a rejoinder of so high a funny-
level that mere mortals are not worthy of it. And, ala Mark Twain's
"Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven", he will employ it, to good
success, when he goes on tour!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
If ever a "Free Form Jazz Fusion" of a humor cascade breaks out
again, the notes that will be missing in the "trading 4's" will be
Bill (sigh)
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179842 is a reply to message #179605] Sat, 20 March 2010 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: mblackwl

Hey all. I didn't hear the news until today and I'm just floored by
the news. I'll miss you, Bill. Your posts were always a highlight of
my reading day.

Matt Blackwell
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179843 is a reply to message #179728] Sun, 21 March 2010 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Falcon is currently offline  Jonah Falcon
Messages: 213
Registered: August 2003
Karma: 0
Senior Member
So, was Bill "Celebrity #3"?

"Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:06a4db79-4c24-45fe-854a-92cb4b902337@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
On Mar 19, 6:55 pm, "Chris \"Sampo\" Cornell" <msa...@aol.com> wrote:
> RIP, Bill. Guess Heaven needed a little more funny.

Indeed! I imagine that if St. Peter attempts a "Bill Livingston, I
presume....", Bill will reply with a rejoinder of so high a funny-
level that mere mortals are not worthy of it. And, ala Mark Twain's
"Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven", he will employ it, to good
success, when he goes on tour!

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
If ever a "Free Form Jazz Fusion" of a humor cascade breaks out
again, the notes that will be missing in the "trading 4's" will be
Bill (sigh)
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179844 is a reply to message #179605] Sun, 21 March 2010 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George Johnson is currently offline  George Johnson
Messages: 129
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
"Bookworm" <bookworm1225@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0dd9678-d07e-4dfe-9e46-da8f9e1287f8@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

That's a shame. Another nice fellow gone.
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179847 is a reply to message #179719] Mon, 22 March 2010 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Karma:
Originally posted by: Zoogz

On Mar 19, 6:03 pm, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> "Bookworm" <bookworm1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:e0dd9678-d07e-4dfe-9e46-da8f9e1287f8@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
>
>> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william...
>
>> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> The fuck?!

Adding my best wishes to his family as well. Bill's host segments
were among the best. It's been a while since I've read some of Bill's
greatest hits... now may seem to be a good time to revisit the laughs
and anguish.
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179848 is a reply to message #179727] Mon, 22 March 2010 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nebusj- is currently offline  nebusj-
Messages: 571
Registered: September 2012
Karma: 0
Senior Member
Judith <JUJU@withouta.net> writes:

> We can keep his memory alive by reading what he wrote. Joe has a bunch
> of his MSTings on his website (Joe, please supply your URL). Maybe some
> of you can compile a list of other sites where Bill posted his work.
> Read him, won't you? You'll have a great time.

Oh, yes, absolutely. I don't have nearly all of Bill's MiSTings;
besides the site redesign I'd hoped he'd upload more of his own since I
figured he'd have better archives than I had. But what I have got is on
hand at:

http://www.nebusresearch.com/mst3k/search.php?wanted=mister& amp;for=Bill&by=title&order=ASC


The ratings scores aren't fair to the work; for most of them I
couldn't recover Web Site Number Nine's old ratings, so they're blanked
out to a neutral 5.0, which his writing certainly doesn't deserve.

--
Joseph Nebus
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179849 is a reply to message #179848] Mon, 22 March 2010 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bookworm is currently offline  Bookworm
Messages: 9
Registered: January 2013
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Mar 22, 8:07 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
> Judith <J...@withouta.net> writes:
>> We can keep his memory alive by reading what he wrote.  Joe has a bunch
>> of his MSTings on his website (Joe, please supply your URL).  Maybe some
>> of you can compile a list of other sites where Bill posted his work.  
>> Read him, won't you?  You'll have a great time.
>
>         Oh, yes, absolutely.  I don't have nearly all of Bill's MiSTings;
> besides the site redesign I'd hoped he'd upload more of his own since I
> figured he'd have better archives than I had.  But what I have got is on
> hand at:
>
> http://www.nebusresearch.com/mst3k/search.php?wanted=mister& amp;for=Bill&....
>
>         The ratings scores aren't fair to the work; for most of them I
> couldn't recover Web Site Number Nine's old ratings, so they're blanked
> out to a neutral 5.0, which his writing certainly doesn't deserve.  
>
> --
>                                                                 Joseph Nebus
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------­---

There's also the MSTing Mine website, that has links to those that
were posted to Google Groups.

http://www.keithpalmer.ca/msting-mine/authors/a.html

Scrolls down to find Bill's.

---------
Bookworm
Re: RIP Bill Livingston [message #179961 is a reply to message #179605] Wed, 24 March 2010 22:15 Go to previous message
eichlerSPAMBGONE2 is currently offline  eichlerSPAMBGONE2
Messages: 26
Registered: November 2012
Karma: 0
Junior Member
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:49:38 -0700 (PDT), Bookworm
<bookworm1225@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx? n=william-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.

A belated dammit.

I'm mostly in lurker mode now, but I've always enjoyed Bill's posts.
Reading his obit, I realized that apart from the church stuff, he and
I are nearly the same person.

I'll miss your posts Bill. 45 was way too young.

-- Bob
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Re: wow. I hope some people are still reading this thing
Next Topic: RIP Robert Culp
Goto Forum:
  

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Fri Dec 04 03:26:43 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00512 seconds